Hummel kit next season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AndyNick

Hummel kit next season

Post by AndyNick »

Can't say i'm sad to see the back of Errea, but can't say i'm over enthusiastic about Hummel either. The designs aren't bad and quality of kit is good. Also we won't have to buy 3 sizes up anymore. My concern is that I know they have had issues with delivering on time, most notably Rangers, but I know of other Football League clubs who had issues as well.

Being touch and go as to whether we'll have our shirts in time for Christmas is nothing new for us though!!
fozzieskem

Re: Hummel kit next season

Post by fozzieskem »

For me the big issue was the sizes of the Errea shirts in particular,I’m a big fella but normally fit into a 2xl or 3xl shirt but at times last season in case of point I had to go up three sizes just to get a shirt that fitted,yet a hoodie I bought was a 2xl it made no sense whatsoever,so yea I’m glad to see the back of them.

Let’s hope Hummel can get it right at least for the seasons start if not sooner
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 am For me the big issue was the sizes of the Errea shirts in particular,I’m a big fella but normally fit into a 2xl or 3xl shirt but at times last season in case of point I had to go up three sizes just to get a shirt that fitted,yet a hoodie I bought was a 2xl it made no sense whatsoever,so yea I’m glad to see the back of them.

Let’s hope Hummel can get it right at least for the seasons start if not sooner
I always found the sizing weird, in particular the arms seem to be 1-2 sizes smaller than the short itself. So ive had shirts that have fit me in the body but really tight on the arms
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

I really love the kit designs esp. the chevrons on the sleeves. Probably something to do with the beautiful old Denmark footy shirts. However you are spot on with regards to late delivery.
I recall last year my friends that support Middlesbrough had to wait weeks after the initial batch of shirts that Middlesbrough sent was only half of the shirts they had ordered so they had to wait for more to be sent over.
They have been much better this year though so maybe it was just that they had a few teething problems as there were quite a few teams wearing Hummel last season whereas the season before there were none. maybe just an issue with supply?
I am happy with the decision though, can't be any worse than Errea imo
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

How come we no longer use the big guns anymore, Adidas, Nike, Puma etc, I just found my old Puma centenary shirt in the attic while getting rid of stuff for a house move and it is still in dead good nick, Looks proper sexy, Shame it will never fit again :D
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

this bit caught my eye
"with a third bespoke kit to be unveiled at a later date in the 2020 season".

Any idea what this could be about?
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

medlocke wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:49 am How come we no longer use the big guns anymore, Adidas, Nike, Puma etc, I just found my old Puma centenary shirt in the attic while getting rid of stuff for a house move and it is still in dead good nick, Looks proper sexy, Shame it will never fit again :D
It seems to go through phases with certain brands being "in fashion" so to speak. A few years ago it was ISC, before that it was Kooga/Canterbury, Now it seems to be O'Neills and Hummel.

Its not just RL that isn't getting the so called big boys. It's the same in Union as well. Adidas do the All Blacks's and Nike do Argentina but other than that it's mainly Canterbury, Under Armour and Macron kit.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Fujiman wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:06 am this bit caught my eye

Magic kit?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:32 pm
Fujiman wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:06 am this bit caught my eye

Magic kit?
That’s what I thought,given the warm reception of this years magic kit
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Not sad to see the back of Errea. Hopefully Hummel have 'cherry red' in their colour portfolio!