Referee for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Referee for Friday

Post by Nezza Faz »

I hope Leuluai isn't on report/suspended for the tip/spear tackle, he's really influential for us at the moment both in A and D. Awesome hits in defence, spots well but also had an enterprising game at scrum half, running great and and his line distribution was more telling than normal.
Didn't really notice the tackle at the game, but looks bad just watching it back on tv ?
Flash

Re: Referee for Friday

Post by Flash »

The double movement was less of a try than Byrne's disallowed one against Hull. Tommy's 'obstruction' didn't have a Wire player in touching distance and certainly didn't negatively impact any defensive decisions. The interpretation of the rule was changed this season to reflect those circumstances. Shouldn't have been ruled as obstruction. Gilly's was never a sinbinning. There was far worse on the night that went unpunished. The offside was a joke. Watch it back and you'll see he was taking Wire back no more than 8 metres for most of that 2nd half.

He certainly didn't favour Wigan. That said, I wouldn't have the ref's job for a gold pig so equally I don't think there's much to be gained by criticising either, given we won.