Referee for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: Referee for Friday

Post by Mickw »

You don't watch referees yet you answer this post ,says it all really.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mickw wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:56 pm You don't watch referees yet you answer this post ,says it all really.
Haha! And if I hadn't answered?

I actually meant that I go to watch the match, not the ref. Of course I observe the ref and comment on him as abd when there's anything to say.

Now I'm not saying that you, or anyone else, is wrong. Just explaining my view. As you have done. That's what the forum is for.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Masila squashing partingtons face in the ground was disgraceful........ ref totally lost the plot in the second half....... at one point he shouted”im giving the penalty to THEM”....... if thats not biased i dont know what is........ some refs need to realise that fans dont pay good money to watch them....... watch the NRL and take note
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:09 am .... watch the NRL and take note
Well, maybe not Ashley Klein... :lol:
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I said at the game, the ref decided Wigan wasn’t running away with it in the second half.

And the obstruction in the first half, come on.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:12 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:09 am .... watch the NRL and take note
Well, maybe not Ashley Klein... :lol:
Fair point moto
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Sorry but all this he's human we all make mistakes just doesn't apply in this instance.
To deliberately ignore a basic law of the game for 80 mins only to apply it once against us when we're on our line and down to 12 men is a deliberate act to try and manufacture a score for sky tv .No wonder the grounds empty these days it's a disgrace.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

moto748 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:32 pm I think we could fairly say that the double movement was a marginal one which could have gone either way; you've seen them given and you haven't. So fair enough to go with the on-field decision. I didn't think Thaler was too bad either, although Wire kept a pretty skinny ten for most of the game. But it's about getting the big decisions right, which he mostly did. Credit to both sides, really, that it didn't turn into the niggley game that I half-expected (and, I gather, that some wanted), and there weren't too many penalties.
I disagree Moto, if he had slid over the line then ok, he raised his arm and a penalty was the correct decision.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I was just saying,, I've seen them given.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:09 am Masila squashing partingtons face in the ground was disgraceful........ ref totally lost the plot in the second half....... at one point he shouted”im giving the penalty to THEM”....... if thats not biased i dont know what is........ some refs need to realise that fans dont pay good money to watch them....... watch the NRL and take note
Masila was lucky to stay on the field he shoulder charged one player and threw a punch at another on the ground not watched it back yet on tv but hope these get picked up and misses the final .