Wigan vs Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Wigan vs Warrington

Post by moto748 »

I didn't think the crowd looked much bigger than the 10k (allegedly) against Hull KR, a few more away fans maybe, but still...

Great result, though. I thought Zak was very good again; solid in defence, try assist, kicked the goals, you can't ask for much more, Forwards stood up really well to a big Warrington pack, Marshall was good except couldn't get hold of Tommy's excellent kick, French is just ridiculously quick, it all looks good.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:21 pm
ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:14 pm Missed it as in Cumbria all week... glad of the win just hope we keep the momentum up.

You never know we may win this thing!

12,555 though?? 😬
Chucking it down with rain all day what do you watch it on TV or go and get wet. Fourth time we have played Warrington this season .
Must admit the 6 of us sat in the (relative) comfort of our local in Blackpool to watch the game
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Weather was actually fine during the game; it brightened up just in time.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Is it me, or do we have a number of posters who go missing when we are playing well?
Bevan French = Amos Roberts?
endoman

Post by endoman »

Yep reminds me of a cross between Roberts and Ferguson, but I see him as a winger due to that and not a half. Time will tell.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just watched game after 2-10 shift...... great effort by the lads........ they all played good and like a team....... smithies and party make me proud to be a warrior...... not the biggest but got the biggest( lets say hearts lol)....... gate players like masilla and fifita(wakey) who can give it but cant take it....... great win lads......... pity the ref did everything in his power to keep the score down second half........ the oli sin binning was a joke and a proper spoiler
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

endoman wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:53 pm Yep reminds me of a cross between Roberts and Ferguson, but I see him as a winger due to that and not a half. Time will tell.
well the rumor was he didn't want to play wing at his last club ,looks a bit waisted there to me.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well I didn’t get to the game tonight. Got in the car - flat battery! :(

Just watched the two minute highlights on Wigan TV. Showed a few runs from French, not just the tries. Looks a very useful player. A pity that try was disallowed.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:55 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/49332859

Just wow.... injury hit warrington......
Yeh lets add up both sides injury lists.
The BBC shouldn’t be reporting like this, Austin, Charley and a host of other players. Apart from Hughes I cant think of any.

We had Burgess, Flower, Bullock and our captain Lockers, and a host of others.

The problem is it makes a mockery of the game.

As for the game, Zak was brilliant again, pure class.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

I've just watched the sky summary at the end of the game and I'm not sure who won could've sworn I watched a wigan win .