Injury prone

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Injury prone

Post by nathan_rugby »

For at least the last 5/6 years it seems we are constantly battling injuries. I know it’s a tough sport but we went through a period under Wane of lots of injuries and now it’s the same under Lam.

Is it the players? The Training methods? A combination of both? Or just bad luck?

Lockers, Burgess, Farrell and Flower from memory are the worst offenders shortly followed by Sarginson, Clubb.

What is it?

Certain players like Isa don’t seem to ever get injuries.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Woody1989

Re: Injury prone

Post by Woody1989 »

Difficult to say really. I know a lot of people questioned the strength and conditioning under Wane, does Lam have the same S&C staff?

Could be that these players have picked up so many injuries other the years that they're bound to get injured again and again.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Judging by the amount of bandages he normally wears on the pitch, I'd say Willie Isa is *always* injured, to some extent. But yeah, of course, he doesn't miss many games.

We have often found in recent seasons (certainly under Wane, and now starting to be the case under Lam too) that Wigan players look fresher and fitter in the last quarter. Maybe a slightly above average injury rate is the price we pay?
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

You're asking for trouble giving the likes of Tony club 2 years when like o'loughlin he only plays a third of the season.

To me greenwoods been sorted by the Aussies when things get tough he wants off ,give me isa anyday.