Investing in the squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Investing in the squad

Post by ddtftf »

I have to hold my hand up and say well done to the management they have bought top end players and deserve support from the fans , they have done their side we asked for so deserve a response from the fans
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Could not agree more they have put money into class players so deserve the support. I have to admit for last couple of seasons i have just gone through the motions and not enjoyed watching wigan in fact i watched and enjoyed loads of amateur rugby more.but cant remember being this exited about the club they have relighted my passion and believe that we are moving in right direction
bertina

Post by bertina »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:06 pm I have to hold my hand up and say well done to the management they have bought top end players and deserve support from the fans , they have done their side we asked for so deserve a response from the fans
Absolutely correct. Couldn’t have asked for much more in the transfer market.
Time for some backing from stay away fans.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

I have recently opted out of the auto renewal scheme due to working shifts and not always being able to attend every home game. Especially when fixtures are changed during the season. I've missed 4 or 5 home games this season and when my renewal price of £490 for 2 adults and 1 child (6 years old) in the east stand came through, I decided to just pay per game next season. Now the club has announced under 8's go free and the adult price is £230 per person I could have ended up paying £30 more. This doesn't change my mind on renewing my season tickets but I was just wondering if anyone else has realised this.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well one benefit of buying a season ticket is that it supports the club by giving them your cash upfront. And it saves the hassle of having to buy separate tickets each time. And, if you buy tickets individually, it's always going to be easy to find a reason not to go.

That said, I don't go to *every* home game, but I don't miss many. If I knew i was going to miss as many as 4 or 5, I might think differently.

I just hope we see an increase in gates next season.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

moto748 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:39 pm Well one benefit of buying a season ticket is that it supports the club by giving them your cash upfront. And it saves the hassle of having to buy separate tickets each time. And, if you buy tickets individually, it's always going to be easy to find a reason not to go.

That said, I don't go to *every* home game, but I don't miss many. If I knew i was going to miss as many as 4 or 5, I might think differently.

I just hope we see an increase in gates next season.
I get that but they have to make it more enticing that a few games difference

even if they said "free shirt with a season ticket" or similar - i struggle to get to games because of work/childcare and the fact no one i know actually likes rugby but the signings have made me think of getting one and inviting friends to the odd match each but considering i can go to all but 3 for the same price or cheaper its a hard sell in hard times
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:14 pm Am i missing something here though

Just looking at season ticket prices and east is £276 but game day tickets are only £25

So you get what 13-14 home games in a season? (or do play offs count?) so you could pay per game and you would get to 11 games - so the season ticket only gets you 3 "free" games.

Considering you may miss 2-3 games for differing reasons and the fact certain games always have offers (like groupon)

there doesn't seem a massive amount of appeal to a season ticket
The prices quoted for an adult for the East stand are;

Auto renewal £230
Renewal price £263
Early Bird £276
Full Price £320

IMO, it pays to renew your season ticket, mine has been the same price for the last three seasons at least, maybe four. It is always cheaper for match tickets if you are a ST holder or a member. You also get I think it's two home games free.

As long as I am healthy enough to go to games home & away I will always attend 😊.
The only game I've missed this season was Barcelona but that was because of cost for me now 😢
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:09 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:14 pm Am i missing something here though

Just looking at season ticket prices and east is £276 but game day tickets are only £25

So you get what 13-14 home games in a season? (or do play offs count?) so you could pay per game and you would get to 11 games - so the season ticket only gets you 3 "free" games.

Considering you may miss 2-3 games for differing reasons and the fact certain games always have offers (like groupon)

there doesn't seem a massive amount of appeal to a season ticket
The prices quoted for an adult for the East stand are;

Auto renewal £230
Renewal price £263
Early Bird £276
Full Price £320

IMO, it pays to renew your season ticket, mine has been the same price for the last three seasons at least, maybe four. It is always cheaper for match tickets if you are a ST holder or a member. You also get I think it's two home games free.

As long as I am healthy enough to go to games home & away I will always attend 😊.
The only game I've missed this season was Barcelona but that was because of cost for me now 😢
Doesn't the season ticket also include.

U19 games
Woman games
Discount at the store
Access to the function room bar (before game talks and better food)

Will it include reserves next year?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Flash

Post by Flash »

It also allows you to transfer tickets for any games you miss. I've found this a very useful feature.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Wigan RL is excellent value for money. Like has been said I can't make all home matches but renew our Season Tickets every year. One purchase and guarantees the same seat which is in a good position in the East Stand.
The remainder of the season looks promising and the signings for next year are everything fans have asked for.
Well done to IL for the signings made and our squad for next year.
I do hope fans turn out to support the team and the club.