Joe Burgess looking "sharp as anything" ahead of Wigan Warriors return

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Joe Burgess looking "sharp as anything" ahead of Wigan Warriors return

Post by medlocke »

3rd choice for me
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

medlocke wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:51 am 3rd choice for me
I don’t think your wrong mate,

Burgess has traded on his form of a few years ago and now with French and the ever improving Marshall he is way down the list
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:26 am

Burgess has traded on his form of a few years ago and now with French and the ever improving Marshall he is way down the list
Marshall has been impressive this season and must carry on playing along with French though no doubt this will change next season when French moves to the backs and if Manfredi is fit
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

medlocke wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:32 am

Marshall has been impressive this season and must carry on playing along with French though no doubt this will change next season when French moves to the backs and if Manfredi is fit
I feel like French is one of those players im not sure what you do with him. He seems wasted on the wing but not sure where else you put him.

Id be tempted to give him a rub at FB and ZH in the centres to see how that worked - reminds me a lot of Amos roberts and remember what happened when he finally found FB

I guess depends on what ZH wants but him in the centres also strengthens a position weve been really weak in and having played there in the past he know that role

French
Marshall/Hardaker/Gildart/Budgie

Thats some back line
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pedro

Post by pedro »

I remembered the good old days when Burgess looked like he gave a sh*t
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:29 am
medlocke wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:32 am

I feel like French is one of those players im not sure what you do with him. He seems wasted on the wing but not sure where else you put him.

Id be tempted to give him a rub at FB and ZH in the centres to see how that worked - reminds me a lot of Amos roberts and remember what happened when he finally found FB

I guess depends on what ZH wants but him in the centres also strengthens a position weve been really weak in and having played there in the past he know that role

French
Marshall/Hardaker/Gildart/Budgie

Thats some back line
I've said that before & before we signed French!

We played the last Salford away game on Easter Monday with a back line of; Escare, Marshall, Hardaker, Gildart, Budgie. That is how I thought we would keep it because Zak was awesome in that game 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pedro wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:55 pm I remembered the good old days when Burgess looked like he gave a sh*t
I wonder what it is? For periods at Wigan he has been world class. Just a shame it all seems to have been before his move .

Moving around too much? Wigan to Roosters to Souths to Wigan? - maybe but he’s been back 3 years.

Injuries - possibly - he does seem one of the more injury prone players

Confidence - possibly - but after 3 years back you would have thought he’d have gotten over any humps.

Size - he did bulk up a number of years ago, lost a bit of speed. Size doesn’t make
You drop balls though.

Attitude - if he plays well early next year and ends up getting an NRL contract we can probably put it down to this.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I just don’t think his form will ever warrant an NRL contract I really don’t he blew last time and I just don’t think they’ll take a chance on him again
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:36 am I just don’t think his form will ever warrant an NRL contract I really don’t he blew last time and I just don’t think they’ll take a chance on him again
But Souths wanted him to stay, was a regular with them, and he'd turned his form around from the Roosters, who basically just played him in their reserves set-up. Must have lost some confidence there.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Nezza Faz wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:27 am
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:36 am I just don’t think his form will ever warrant an NRL contract I really don’t he blew last time and I just don’t think they’ll take a chance on him again
But Souths wanted him to stay, was a regular with them, and he'd turned his form around from the Roosters, who basically just played him in their reserves set-up. Must have lost some confidence there.
That was with Maguire no?

Very different set up now it amuses me people think he would walk into a side over there most feel he’s barely worth a place in Wigan set up at present,you may have a point over confidence while he does score tries he looks uninterested and is sadly becoming prone to serious injury.

I’ll say again he went far too early for his ears burnt and came home but he’s not looked the same player since his return