Joe Burgess looking "sharp as anything" ahead of Wigan Warriors return

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Joe Burgess looking "sharp as anything" ahead of Wigan Warriors return

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:25 pm
Nezza Faz wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:27 am
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:36 am I just don’t think his form will ever warrant an NRL contract I really don’t he blew last time and I just don’t think they’ll take a chance on him again
But Souths wanted him to stay, was a regular with them, and he'd turned his form around from the Roosters, who basically just played him in their reserves set-up. Must have lost some confidence there.
That was with Maguire no?

Very different set up now it amuses me people think he would walk into a side over there most feel he’s barely worth a place in Wigan set up at present,you may have a point over confidence while he does score tries he looks uninterested and is sadly becoming prone to serious injury.

I’ll say again he went far too early for his ears burnt and came home but he’s not looked the same player since his return
I am not sure he went to early (ignoring the hindsight) as he was playing very good rugby for us at the time and was the best winger in the comp.

Did Sydney roosters already have the two quality wingers before they signed Burgess or did they sign Burgess and then another winger ? Seem to remember something similar, this is what the issue was.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Has anyone thought French may play in the halves with tommy at 9 and borough on the bench if Powell doesnt make it
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

pedro wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:55 pm I remembered the good old days when Burgess looked like he gave a sh*t
This.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:06 pm Has anyone thought French may play in the halves with tommy at 9 and borough on the bench if Powell doesnt make it
No