'I want Morgan Escare to shine against Wigan Warriors', says Adrian Lam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

'I want Morgan Escare to shine against Wigan Warriors', says Adrian Lam

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam hopes Morgan Escare plays well when he faces Wigan on Sunday.

The Frenchman left the squad earlier this month to move to the Yorkshire club on loan until the end of the season.

The Warriors could have blocked him from facing them – but instead decided to make him available to Chris Chester.

And that puts Escare – who barely figured this year – on course to face players who were his team-mates just a few weeks ago.

"I hope he has a good game against us because that’s the purpose of this loan spell,” said Lam.

“He’s still contracted to us for next year so we need him to be playing well. But we know him well and I’m sure we can control his ability to turn a game.”

Escare is under contract with Wigan for 2020 and before his loan spell, he made it clear he wanted to stay and fight for his position.

“I hope he plays, it was sad to see him go but he wanted to play games and fair play to him,” said centre Oliver Gildart.

“I just don’t hope he’s not running around me at the weekend!

“Morgan would probably walk into any other team in Super League, it’s just tough with Zak (Hardaker) here and some of the best wingers in the competition.”

Romain Navarrete linked-up with Escare last week during a camp in France, preparing for the Nines World Cup in Australia.

“I saw him last week and he’s enjoying it there,” said the prop. “I saw his highlights against Hull KR and he went well.

“There won’t be any banter or anything, we wish him well.”

Navarrete, meanwhile, says nobody will be easing off as they look to tighten their grip on a top-three spot.

Wigan have won nine of their last 10 games but the prop said: “It’s never an easy game at Wakefield, we expect it to be tough.

“We’re nearly at the end of the season and we need to get ready for the play-offs. We want to go to the Grand Final and we know how much hard work.

“The table is so close and we need to keep working hard to stay on top form.

“Training has been good, people were a bit down at the start of the year because of the results but now everyone is smiling.

“Personally, I’ve been happy with my form but I know I can be better, I’ve got a few games to improve and get to my best for the play-offs.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/i-want ... -1-9962447
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: 'I want Morgan Escare to shine against Wigan Warriors', says Adrian Lam

Post by Caboosegg »

I rate Escare and was extremely annoyed that Zak didnt have to earn his spot. However i just question why Lam wants him to play well?

Are we losing players we dont know about that will put morgan in the mix for next year?

If we generally wanted rid i would of expect more a more Smith like comments when he moved to warrington from catalan.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 pm Adrian Lam hopes Morgan Escare plays well when he faces Wigan on Sunday.

The Frenchman left the squad earlier this month to move to the Yorkshire club on loan until the end of the season.

The Warriors could have blocked him from facing them – but instead decided to make him available to Chris Chester.

And that puts Escare – who barely figured this year – on course to face players who were his team-mates just a few weeks ago.

"I hope he has a good game against us because that’s the purpose of this loan spell,” said Lam.

“He’s still contracted to us for next year so we need him to be playing well. But we know him well and I’m sure we can control his ability to turn a game.”

Escare is under contract with Wigan for 2020 and before his loan spell, he made it clear he wanted to stay and fight for his position.

“I hope he plays, it was sad to see him go but he wanted to play games and fair play to him,” said centre Oliver Gildart.

“I just don’t hope he’s not running around me at the weekend!

“Morgan would probably walk into any other team in Super League, it’s just tough with Zak (Hardaker) here and some of the best wingers in the competition.”

Romain Navarrete linked-up with Escare last week during a camp in France, preparing for the Nines World Cup in Australia.

“I saw him last week and he’s enjoying it there,” said the prop. “I saw his highlights against Hull KR and he went well.

“There won’t be any banter or anything, we wish him well.”

Navarrete, meanwhile, says nobody will be easing off as they look to tighten their grip on a top-three spot.

Wigan have won nine of their last 10 games but the prop said: “It’s never an easy game at Wakefield, we expect it to be tough.

“We’re nearly at the end of the season and we need to get ready for the play-offs. We want to go to the Grand Final and we know how much hard work.

“The table is so close and we need to keep working hard to stay on top form.

“Training has been good, people were a bit down at the start of the year because of the results but now everyone is smiling.

“Personally, I’ve been happy with my form but I know I can be better, I’ve got a few games to improve and get to my best for the play-offs.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/i-want ... -1-9962447
Stupid comment from Lam after his treatment of Escare. I saw Escare was full back in the team of the round first time out for Wakey, this is just pouring petrol on the fire of resentment I would think, let's hope it doesn't come back to bite us in t'bum after Salford's win last night opens our way to 2nd place.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

What a stupid thing to say. My answer is be carful what you wish for. Because one thing I am sure of he will be all out to ram them words down lams throat. There's no way Id have let him play against us never mind hoping he has a blinder. I Have a bad feeling about this.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Average player and wont be a big loss if he goes,lets be honest in our resurrgence in the last 8 games or so he has not figured so why the big fuss over him?, beats me.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

I don’t think we have too much to worry about here.
One man doesn’t make a squad and Wakefield’s squad is much weaker than ours.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He did drop a few the last game they played so I suppose the answer is to Pepper him with high balls and see what happens.

Wakey isn’t a happy hunting ground but they have been woeful recently and really given Wigan’s form they should take them with ease but they said that about Saints last weekend
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Not a good thing to say.
I'm one of those who think loaned players shouldn't play against their own club.
That's what the soccer Premier League do and they're right.
Imagine if Escare where to have a blinder, score the winning try and deny us 2nd place.
Hope to hell it doesn't happen.
Daft doesn't come close!
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'm all in favour of loan players playing against their club, in fact, I think it's wrong not to let them do so. If Morgan plays well. good for him, he'll certainly think he has something to prove. I think we'll put him under a lot of pressure and don't expect his good moments to outweigh his bad ones. We'll see both why we signed him and why he's not been playing regularly.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

On todays performance it was obvious why Lam doesn't rate him. A couple of flashy things, which some fans love, but a lot of basic errors which coaches detest.