'I want Morgan Escare to shine against Wigan Warriors', says Adrian Lam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: 'I want Morgan Escare to shine against Wigan Warriors', says Adrian Lam

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:55 pm On todays performance it was obvious why Lam doesn't rate him. A couple of flashy things, which some fans love, but a lot of basic errors which coaches detest.
I’d agree with you,no way he’d get back into this Wigan side anytime soon
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:07 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:55 pm On todays performance it was obvious why Lam doesn't rate him. A couple of flashy things, which some fans love, but a lot of basic errors which coaches detest.
where you at the game?. i couldnt make it so listened on bbc, your comments don't match what i was listening to or what the commentary was saying. it sounded like Escare played well.

they even pointed out at one point that Lam will be happy hes playing well but regretting it at the same time.

edit:

watching the highlights and Morgan has a massive hand in two of their 3 tries
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I saw his highlights of the game against Hull Fc (I think) also thought it was a wake edited version of his impact highlights. Played very well

Didn’t go to the game today so can’t comment on today but glad Morgan is playing
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:57 pm
where you at the game?. i couldnt make it so listened on bbc, your comments don't match what i was listening to or what the commentary was saying. it sounded like Escare played well.

they even pointed out at one point that Lam will be happy hes playing well but regretting it at the same time.

edit:

He did have a hand but errors are there also and yes I was at the game as always,he did nothing to me (for what it’s worth at least)did anything that would have me on the phones defending him back tomorrow,Hardakwr is head and shoulders above him but I’ll say that as an unashamed member of the Zak hardaker fan club he is finding the kind of form that won him man of steel,though not yet at that level just yet he’s not far off.

Given I think Lam seems to have made his mind up over Escare we shall see in the long term I suppose
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:57 pm

edit:

Yes I was at the game.
Did you notice on the highlights how he gave up on the case for Marshalls first try (think back to London in March)
Did you notice Powell run through him for his try. If you watch the full game on Wigan t.v you will see three or four other poor errors from him.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It sounds like Morgan was Morgan and as usual he has his fans and his detractors. Whatever you think about his ability it's a good thing that he's playing at the moment because it's quite possible that we'll need him for the playoffs.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

southportcdm wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:30 pm It sounds like Morgan was Morgan and as usual he has his fans and his detractors. Whatever you think about his ability it's a good thing that he's playing at the moment because it's quite possible that we'll need him for the playoffs.
??? Is are Hardaker and French injured?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:52 pm
southportcdm wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:30 pm It sounds like Morgan was Morgan and as usual he has his fans and his detractors. Whatever you think about his ability it's a good thing that he's playing at the moment because it's quite possible that we'll need him for the playoffs.
??? Is are Hardaker and French injured?
Don’t forget Sarge either