Second in the League... who’d have thought?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Second in the League... who’d have thought?

Post by ancientnloyal »

A weird one this but we have finally started to click. And Lam has his techniques working and flourishing. I want to ask, though, who would be our main stumbling block to Old Trafford?

Warrington
Salford
Hull FC
Other...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Re: Second in the League... who’d have thought?

Post by fozzieskem »

Cas would be nice can’t stand Hull
Last edited by fozzieskem on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

My predictions are that we will win both our last 2 games, and will end up playing Salford at home.
I think Wire will play and beat FC, and then lose to whichever of us or Saints loses the qualification game, with a Wigan Saints final. Looking at the trajectory of Saints’ form, October looks to be a good time to be playing them.

While I have been a critic of Lam’s, and remain doubtful that he is the best man for the job, he will be in credit with me if we do finish second, and I will wind my neck in (is that the right expression). Or happily eat humble pie.
Last edited by Exiled Wiganer on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The return of Matty Peet can’t be underestimated in my opinion I thought at best 6th no more than that,credit to all the staff and player for far exceeding my expectations.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I would expect that Lam will be quite critical at the lack of concentration of his players. All three Wakefield tries were scored on last tackle plays.
bertina

Post by bertina »

No straw damn us wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:25 pm I would expect that Lam will be quite critical at the lack of concentration of his players. All three Wakefield tries were scored on last tackle plays.
I commented on exactly that at the game.