Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher
Posts: 1751
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by Wigan Watcher » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Shaun Edwards was an average player at best, he played in a team of very good to great players. He was not the best player in the UK at the time in his position but he was in the right position (place) at the right time to receive so many honours. I will say he did give his all when on the pitch most of the time but I do recall him being booed by the fans for not giving his all.

I was once told that when you hear the sentence "but he reads a game well" this is code that he isnt the best lets say..... How many times did you here that sentence about Shaun Edwards.

Was he a legend, in my humble opinion..... NO

Less said about how he conducted himself regarding the club that made him!



First Try Tickle
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:15 am

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by First Try Tickle » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:49 am

Wigan Watcher wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 pm
Shaun Edwards was an average player at best, he played in a team of very good to great players. He was not the best player in the UK at the time in his position but he was in the right position (place) at the right time to receive so many honours. I will say he did give his all when on the pitch most of the time but I do recall him being booed by the fans for not giving his all.

I was once told that when you hear the sentence "but he reads a game well" this is code that he isnt the best lets say..... How many times did you here that sentence about Shaun Edwards.

Was he a legend, in my humble opinion..... NO

Less said about how he conducted himself regarding the club that made him!
I don't think many people who watched Edwards on a regular basis would say he was average at best. He was one of the best stand off's I have ever watched.

and saying some who reads the game well means he isn't the best is just a daft statement.

The greatest players in any sport are the ones that can read a game quicker than anyone else.

As for a legend, then I think yes, he was. Now he's just that tosser from Union who turned his back on the greatest Rugby team of all time.

DaveO
Posts: 14345
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by DaveO » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:09 am

First Try Tickle wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:49 am
Wigan Watcher wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 pm
Shaun Edwards was an average player at best, he played in a team of very good to great players. He was not the best player in the UK at the time in his position but he was in the right position (place) at the right time to receive so many honours. I will say he did give his all when on the pitch most of the time but I do recall him being booed by the fans for not giving his all.

I was once told that when you hear the sentence "but he reads a game well" this is code that he isnt the best lets say..... How many times did you here that sentence about Shaun Edwards.

Was he a legend, in my humble opinion..... NO

Less said about how he conducted himself regarding the club that made him!
I don't think many people who watched Edwards on a regular basis would say he was average at best. He was one of the best stand off's I have ever watched.

and saying some who reads the game well means he isn't the best is just a daft statement.

The greatest players in any sport are the ones that can read a game quicker than anyone else.

As for a legend, then I think yes, he was. Now he's just that tosser from Union who turned his back on the greatest Rugby team of all time.
Agreed. He was a great player. If we are going to use the argument he was lucky to be in top Wigan teams the same applies to any of his contemporaries.

old hooker
Posts: 1878
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by old hooker » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:50 am

Edwards was an excellent player but let himself and the club down.

User avatar
lucky 13
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:05 pm

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by lucky 13 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:17 pm

I would go further he's let the town and RL down. No matter how I try I can not excuse his treatment of the club and fans, who are basically responsible to a large degree for his career and reputation.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/antnmellogan/Wigan010-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wigan Watcher
Posts: 1751
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by Wigan Watcher » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Edward's played in a team that made him not a team he made.

Now a legend we all know is Ellery Hanley. You could put him into any team and you would see the difference. He would make the team. The team he was in would be lucky to have him, he wouldn't be lucky to be in that team

And there is the difference between a legend and and a average player like Shaun Edward's!



ddtftf
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by ddtftf » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Edward looked at the squad and position in the league and thought it would destroy his value if he did not succeed . He backed off an agreed deal and did not give a toss for the people of Wigan just his own greed, he is now trying to come up with lame excuses just to cover his arse.

When the French RU kick him out as defensive coach he will end up at St Pats as kit man & that is were he belongs .

My message to him is F--k off and stay away from our beloved club.

josie andrews
Posts: 25000
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by josie andrews » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 pm

ddtftf wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:38 pm
Edward looked at the squad and position in the league and thought it would destroy his value if he did not succeed . He backed off an agreed deal and did not give a toss for the people of Wigan just his own greed, he is now trying to come up with lame excuses just to cover his arse.

When the French RU kick him out as defensive coach he will end up at St Pats as kit man & that is were he belongs .

My message to him is F--k off and stay away from our beloved club.
😂😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

pedro
Posts: 4039
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by pedro » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:55 pm

Wigan Watcher wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:23 pm
Edward's played in a team that made him not a team he made.

Now a legend we all know is Ellery Hanley. You could put him into any team and you would see the difference. He would make the team. The team he was in would be lucky to have him, he wouldn't be lucky to be in that team

And there is the difference between a legend and and a average player like Shaun Edward's!
Yet we didnt miss Hanley at all when he left, can we say the same of Edwards?
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1857407490.png

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 2267
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by Firestarter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:31 pm

pedro wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:55 pm
Wigan Watcher wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:23 pm
Edward's played in a team that made him not a team he made.

Now a legend we all know is Ellery Hanley. You could put him into any team and you would see the difference. He would make the team. The team he was in would be lucky to have him, he wouldn't be lucky to be in that team

And there is the difference between a legend and and a average player like Shaun Edward's!
Yet we didnt miss Hanley at all when he left, can we say the same of Edwards?
we didnt miss hanley so much as mean dean stepped into his shoes
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

Post Reply