Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Shaun Edwards was an average player at best, he played in a team of very good to great players. He was not the best player in the UK at the time in his position but he was in the right position (place) at the right time to receive so many honours. I will say he did give his all when on the pitch most of the time but I do recall him being booed by the fans for not giving his all.

I was once told that when you hear the sentence "but he reads a game well" this is code that he isnt the best lets say..... How many times did you here that sentence about Shaun Edwards.

Was he a legend, in my humble opinion..... NO

Less said about how he conducted himself regarding the club that made him!

First Try Tickle

Re: Shaun Edwards says Wigan Warriors better off with Adrian Lam - and backs them for Grand Final glory

Post by First Try Tickle »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 pm Shaun Edwards was an average player at best, he played in a team of very good to great players. He was not the best player in the UK at the time in his position but he was in the right position (place) at the right time to receive so many honours. I will say he did give his all when on the pitch most of the time but I do recall him being booed by the fans for not giving his all.

I was once told that when you hear the sentence "but he reads a game well" this is code that he isnt the best lets say..... How many times did you here that sentence about Shaun Edwards.

I don't think many people who watched Edwards on a regular basis would say he was average at best. He was one of the best stand off's I have ever watched.

and saying some who reads the game well means he isn't the best is just a daft statement.

The greatest players in any sport are the ones that can read a game quicker than anyone else.

As for a legend, then I think yes, he was. Now he's just that tosser from Union who turned his back on the greatest Rugby team of all time.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:49 am
Wigan Watcher wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 pm Shaun Edwards was an average player at best, he played in a team of very good to great players. He was not the best player in the UK at the time in his position but he was in the right position (place) at the right time to receive so many honours. I will say he did give his all when on the pitch most of the time but I do recall him being booed by the fans for not giving his all.

I don't think many people who watched Edwards on a regular basis would say he was average at best. He was one of the best stand off's I have ever watched.

and saying some who reads the game well means he isn't the best is just a daft statement.

The greatest players in any sport are the ones that can read a game quicker than anyone else.

As for a legend, then I think yes, he was. Now he's just that tosser from Union who turned his back on the greatest Rugby team of all time.
Agreed. He was a great player. If we are going to use the argument he was lucky to be in top Wigan teams the same applies to any of his contemporaries.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Edwards was an excellent player but let himself and the club down.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I would go further he's let the town and RL down. No matter how I try I can not excuse his treatment of the club and fans, who are basically responsible to a large degree for his career and reputation.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Edward's played in a team that made him not a team he made.

Now a legend we all know is Ellery Hanley. You could put him into any team and you would see the difference. He would make the team. The team he was in would be lucky to have him, he wouldn't be lucky to be in that team

And there is the difference between a legend and and a average player like Shaun Edward's!

ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Edward looked at the squad and position in the league and thought it would destroy his value if he did not succeed . He backed off an agreed deal and did not give a toss for the people of Wigan just his own greed, he is now trying to come up with lame excuses just to cover his arse.

When the French RU kick him out as defensive coach he will end up at St Pats as kit man & that is were he belongs .

My message to him is F--k off and stay away from our beloved club.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:38 pm Edward looked at the squad and position in the league and thought it would destroy his value if he did not succeed . He backed off an agreed deal and did not give a toss for the people of Wigan just his own greed, he is now trying to come up with lame excuses just to cover his arse.

When the French RU kick him out as defensive coach he will end up at St Pats as kit man & that is were he belongs .

My message to him is F--k off and stay away from our beloved club.
😂😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:23 pm Edward's played in a team that made him not a team he made.

Now a legend we all know is Ellery Hanley. You could put him into any team and you would see the difference. He would make the team. The team he was in would be lucky to have him, he wouldn't be lucky to be in that team

And there is the difference between a legend and and a average player like Shaun Edward's!
Yet we didnt miss Hanley at all when he left, can we say the same of Edwards?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pedro wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:55 pm
Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:23 pm Edward's played in a team that made him not a team he made.

Yet we didnt miss Hanley at all when he left, can we say the same of Edwards?
we didnt miss hanley so much as mean dean stepped into his shoes
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE