Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Post by southportcdm » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:19 am

What a mess. For anybody who's had this problem before, can I get my money back? I've bought a couple of extra tickets for friends who were coming to their first ever game and now can't make it. I know it's a Sky thing but what great PR for the game.

ancientnloyal
Posts: 13947
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Post by ancientnloyal » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 am

You would be able to get tickets refunded but not season tickets I gather


I think we all know how Edinburgh Warriors feels most months now!
Rugby, Family and Strava... that’s about it for me tbh

I’ve seen Ellery Hanley, Martin Offiah and been dragged to Wigan games since memory... absolutely lucky!

ancientnloyal
Posts: 13947
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Post by ancientnloyal » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:40 am

Fan day has been moved to next Friday 745pm


But, as RL supporters we need to get something sorted to stop this. Do we have a RLSA who can get stuff moving or heard?
Rugby, Family and Strava... that’s about it for me tbh

I’ve seen Ellery Hanley, Martin Offiah and been dragged to Wigan games since memory... absolutely lucky!

User avatar
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR
Posts: 643
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:53 am

ancientnloyal wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 am
You would be able to get tickets refunded but not season tickets I gather


I think we all know how Edinburgh Warriors feels most months now!
I can make the game as I a now retired. Train to Wigan on Friday and flight to Belfast on Saturday are now rendered useless. Three of the mates who travel down every week with us can't now make it due to work commitments.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked

fozzieskem
Posts: 2941
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Post by fozzieskem » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:29 am

ancientnloyal wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 am
You would be able to get tickets refunded but not season tickets I gather


I think we all know how Edinburgh Warriors feels most months now!
Yes I’d agree with you,it’s the club who’ve changed the date not you so they should be liable if you can’t make the new date to issue a refund

Caboosegg
Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Post by Caboosegg » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:14 am

I hope wigan ask sky for compensation.

I will be attending, but cant see a thursday getting a good crowd.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

User avatar
Fujiman
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 1:19 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Post by Fujiman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:23 am

Caboosegg wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:14 am
I hope wigan ask sky for compensation.

I will be attending, but cant see a thursday getting a good crowd.
Do they get an additional payment for being the match on tv?
This quote is no longer available because the person is deemed not fit enough to provide it!

Caboosegg
Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Post by Caboosegg » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:20 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:29 am
ancientnloyal wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 am
You would be able to get tickets refunded but not season tickets I gather


I think we all know how Edinburgh Warriors feels most months now!
Yes I’d agree with you,it’s the club who’ve changed the date not you so they should be liable if you can’t make the new date to issue a refund
Isnt it sky and not the club?
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

fozzieskem
Posts: 2941
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Post by fozzieskem » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Caboosegg wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:20 pm
fozzieskem wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:29 am
ancientnloyal wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 am
You would be able to get tickets refunded but not season tickets I gather


I think we all know how Edinburgh Warriors feels most months now!
Yes I’d agree with you,it’s the club who’ve changed the date not you so they should be liable if you can’t make the new date to issue a refund
Isnt it sky and not the club?
that's where it could get murky I suppose, you buy from the club (I assume at least) then they surely must belittle for refunds etc and not sky, even though sky are the cause of the new date..like I say murky

ian.birchall
Posts: 3071
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:42 pm

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Post by ian.birchall » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:35 pm

Fujiman wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:23 am
Caboosegg wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:14 am
I hope wigan ask sky for compensation.

I will be attending, but cant see a thursday getting a good crowd.
Do they get an additional payment for being the match on tv?
£20k just enough to not cover a thousand lost spectators.
On the bright? side it is effectively a knock our game for 2-4th spot so perhaps that might help a bit .
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.


Now Europe is just for holidays.

Post Reply