Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Wigan Warriors v Castleford

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:35 pm
Fujiman wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:23 am
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:14 am I hope wigan ask sky for compensation.

I will be attending, but cant see a thursday getting a good crowd.
Do they get an additional payment for being the match on tv?
£20k just enough to not cover a thousand lost spectators.
On the bright? side it is effectively a knock our game for 2-4th spot so perhaps that might help a bit .
I thought it was £10k Ian? Thursday fixtures usually result in lower crowds and on average Wigan expect gate income to be down by £30k. Whoever negotiated the deal with Sky should be shot!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Other teams are changing their plans as well, by the way, as there are now no Sunday games. What annoys me about this is that our competitors for the play off spots go into their games knowing what’s required, if we lose. We will just have to win, and then put the extra day of rest to good use. By the way, there is such a small points difference between Wire and Salford that the race between them could go down to the wire, if you’ll pardon the awful pun.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Because of the closeness of all teams whether it's the playoff positions, bar Saints, & the relegation battle, al the games should be played on the same day IMO

What a bloody farce!

My pal was coming over from America for the game, he only booked his flight hotels etc late last night our time, his morning, to enable him to get here for the game on Friday night.
Now he's gonna miss the game completely! Bloody gutted for him 😠
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BostonWarrior

Post by BostonWarrior »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 am You would be able to get tickets refunded but not season tickets I gather
Based on the fact that the Wigan v Castleford game had been on the schedule all season for Friday 13th September I, like many other Season Ticket holders will, have other commitments next week and will not be able to attend on Thursday.

So, given the ludicrously late change of date for the game, my question asked of the Club is simply ‘Are you prepared to offer any ‘compensation’ to Season Ticket holders who cannot attend on Thursday?’

I was unable to get through on the ‘phone to the Ticket Office yesterday to get clarification – I gave up after listening to the loop of ‘hold messages’ for 20 minutes. So, I have sent a message on the Warriors’ website ‘Contact Us’ page. After hitting the ‘send’ button up popped a note to say that my message had been received, would be read but that I would not necessarily get a reply!! What marvellous PR / customer service that is!!

Anyhow – and I know it isn’t exactly Wigan’s fault that the change of date has been made – but should there be no ‘help’ given to ST holders that find themselves unable to go on Thursday – then I’ll not be forking out extra money for any home play-off tickets. Should Wigan have a home play-off game the week after then I’ll be staying at home to watch it on TV and save myself a few bob.

If one of Sky’s and Super League’s aims is to attract more TV viewers by messing about with fixture scheduling to put games on TV - then with me sat at home watching the play-off game rather than buying what would be an additional ticket and being there in person they’ll be on track!! Well done them!!

My decision, my choice – and maybe some won’t agree as the change of date isn’t Wigan’s fault – but how much more sh*t are Sky and Super League going to throw at the paying spectators?, and what is Wigan’s financial threshold before they actually object on their paying customers’ behalf and even refuse to move a game ?
Born in : BOSTON, Warriors Season Ticket : BOSTON STAND
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I don't they are allowed to refuse. It's in the contract with sky I expect.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

BostonWarrior wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:46 pm
ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 am You would be able to get tickets refunded but not season tickets I gather
Based on the fact that the Wigan v Castleford game had been on the schedule all season for Friday 13th September I, like many other Season Ticket holders will, have other commitments next week and will not be able to attend on Thursday.

So, given the ludicrously late change of date for the game, my question asked of the Club is simply ‘Are you prepared to offer any ‘compensation’ to Season Ticket holders who cannot attend on Thursday?’

I was unable to get through on the ‘phone to the Ticket Office yesterday to get clarification – I gave up after listening to the loop of ‘hold messages’ for 20 minutes. So, I have sent a message on the Warriors’ website ‘Contact Us’ page. After hitting the ‘send’ button up popped a note to say that my message had been received, would be read but that I would not necessarily get a reply!! What marvellous PR / customer service that is!!

Anyhow – and I know it isn’t exactly Wigan’s fault that the change of date has been made – but should there be no ‘help’ given to ST holders that find themselves unable to go on Thursday – then I’ll not be forking out extra money for any home play-off tickets. Should Wigan have a home play-off game the week after then I’ll be staying at home to watch it on TV and save myself a few bob.

If one of Sky’s and Super League’s aims is to attract more TV viewers by messing about with fixture scheduling to put games on TV - then with me sat at home watching the play-off game rather than buying what would be an additional ticket and being there in person they’ll be on track!! Well done them!!

My decision, my choice – and maybe some won’t agree as the change of date isn’t Wigan’s fault – but how much more sh*t are Sky and Super League going to throw at the paying spectators?, and what is Wigan’s financial threshold before they actually object on their paying customers’ behalf and even refuse to move a game ?
The ticket office isn't open on a Saturday, unless there is a game on, so you could have been on the phone all day!

Plus the ticketing website has been down;
https://twitter.com/wiganwarriorsrl/sta ... 49312?s=21

Our ticketing website is currently down, our partners are working on the issue, thank you for your patience whilst the problem is being resolved
It was back up working a few hours ago.😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Wigan will never ever answer the question about refunding for a game in this situation. Ever.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

It’s ridiculous. This is what I was on about in the £1.4m loss thread.

I first saw this mentioned as a fixture change on Facebook and it was people coming from Doncaster who had booked rail tickets in advance for the Friday game complaining they were out of pocket big time.

I know travelling fans (of which I am one) are a minority but it isn’t just travelling fans who make arrangements based on fixtures as published.

The idea a season ticket is a good investment with this farce occurring must seem not a good one for many.

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:12 am It’s ridiculous. This is what I was on about in the £1.4m loss thread.

I first saw this mentioned as a fixture change on Facebook and it was people coming from Doncaster who had booked rail tickets in advance for the Friday game complaining they were out of pocket big time.

I know travelling fans (of which I am one) are a minority but it isn’t just travelling fans who make arrangements based on fixtures as published.

The idea a season ticket is a good investment with this farce occurring must seem not a good one for many.
Now i'm not happy about the change, Friday night games are a good wind down from a busy week. But how many times does this actually happen with this amount of notice?

A season ticket is still a good investment and its a shame you are already putting the clubs efforts down because sky changed the date to suit their needs.

I can't imagine IL will be to happy with the change.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Would it be worth boycotting a Thursday game to send a message to sky and the RFL? They wouldn't be able to not acknowledge it in commentary and it would gain publicity throughout the media. Thursdays game will still probably attract 8k I'm guessing, even without those who are unable to attend, myself included. If we could co operate with the away fans to stay away for that one game, imagine trying to explain why the ground is virtually empty on live TV. Not only that, but it sends a message to the RFL (just in case they actually care about the fans) that we aren't happy with how we are being treated.