Buying tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Re: Buying tickets

Post by doc »

I emailed the club about the awful hours and service of the ticket office a few years ago and suggested that they also sell tickets from Warrior's World in the Grand Arcade. They said they were looking in to it but we are still getting the crap service we have always had. If it was easier to buy tickets perhaps they might get a few more on the gate. Why can't they open Saturday mornings till noon for example.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Buying tickets

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If I have had a more annoying experience buying something in my life I can’t remember it. I was buying for 2 season ticket holders, and so wanted to make sure I could buy the right seats. So I tried to get through on the phone - no hope, and to make it worse the recorded voice went on forever about Latics tickets which no sane person would buy. I tried online - they had changed the numbers for both of them, without telling us, so had to e mail them. Eventually I heard back, so had the new code numbers. There has never been a more long winded password reset procedure. I am not a whizz kid but I use computers every day, and have never come across a more laborious and time consuming process. After what felt like a week, I emerged on the other side...

I assume it is impossible for anybody interested in watching the game who hasn’t bought tickets in the past to do so.

What compounds this is that, of course, for non play off games they have to sell relatively small numbers of tickets, and yet for this one if they don’t sell tickets to us, then no one will be there at all.
I am staggered at how dispiriting they manage to make what should be a simple process.