DW Stadium to host U19s Grand Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

DW Stadium to host U19s Grand Final

Post by josie andrews »

Academy Super League Grand Final confirmed for DW Stadium on Friday (5:30pm K.O.).

Wigan Warriors Under-19s progress to final after beating Warrington Wolves 50-22 on Saturday afternoon.

Under-19s to play St Helens as a curtain-raiser ahead of the first team Play-Off Qualifier Game against Salford Red Devils (7:45pm K.O.).

Wigan Warriors Under-19s will play their Academy Super League Grand Final against local rivals St Helens at the DW Stadium this Friday, 5:30pm kick-off.

Shane Eccles’ side beat Warrington Wolves 50-22 on Saturday afternoon to reach the final and the game will be a curtain-raiser to the first team fixture with Wigan set to host Salford Red Devils in the Betfred Super League Play-Off Qualifier at 7:45pm.

Wigan Warriors Marketing Director, Martin McLoughlin, said: “Those who have followed our Under-19s side this season have seen an extremely talented and entertaining group of players who deserve a large audience on the big stage.

“We are delighted to be able to host the Academy Grand Final before our Play-Off clash with Salford on Friday in what promises to be a bumper evening of rugby league, and I’d like to thank the staff at the DW Stadium and Wigan Athletic FC for their help and support in what is set to be a huge night for the Club.”

Warriors Head of Youth, Mick Cassidy, added: “I know that Wigan fans will be keen to show their support and I’d urge anyone who can get down to the stadium a little earlier than usual to do so.

“This Under-19s side have performed superbly well all season, and we’re looking forward to facing local rivals Saints in front of the Cherry and White faithful on Friday.”

This great double header of rugby league action takes place at the DW Stadium on Friday 20th September. Tickets are now on sale and start from £23 for Adults, £17 for Concessions with Juniors from £10.

Season Ticket Holders and Members can get £5 off the ticket price by purchasing their ticket before 5pm Tuesday 17th September.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... HvSRbcr.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wigtop

Re: DW Stadium to host U19s Grand Final

Post by wigtop »

Concession price in this article listed at £16. Price shown on ticket site (and in my basket) is £17.???
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It is £23 less discount £18 for adults

£17 less discount £14 for concessions.

It’s just another typo error from the Official site!

I’ve altered it now 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
doc

Post by doc »

Sadly wont be able to make it unless I can get time off work. Last time they played it at the DW as a curtain raiser I got time off and there were two men and a dog in the crowd as people struggled to make the kick off in time after work. Much as it pains me to say it, it isn't really fair on the Saints fans either if they have to pay the full entrance fee for the Salford match that they aren't really bothered about. As its a final it should be at a neutral venue as a stand alone game e.g. LSV.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

doc wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:39 pm Sadly wont be able to make it unless I can get time off work. Last time they played it at the DW as a curtain raiser I got time off and there were two men and a dog in the crowd as people struggled to make the kick off in time after work. Much as it pains me to say it, it isn't really fair on the Saints fans either if they have to pay the full entrance fee for the Salford match that they aren't really bothered about. As its a final it should be at a neutral venue as a stand alone game e.g. LSV.
Those are the rules Doc.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wigtop

Post by wigtop »

£17 - £5 = £12 :oops:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wigtop wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 pm £17 - £5 = £12 :oops:
It’s £5 off the adult price & £3 off concessions it is done pro data!! Oops!!
doc

Post by doc »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:28 pm
doc wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:39 pm Sadly wont be able to make it unless I can get time off work. Last time they played it at the DW as a curtain raiser I got time off and there were two men and a dog in the crowd as people struggled to make the kick off in time after work. Much as it pains me to say it, it isn't really fair on the Saints fans either if they have to pay the full entrance fee for the Salford match that they aren't really bothered about. As its a final it should be at a neutral venue as a stand alone game e.g. LSV.
Those are the rules Doc.
I'm sure we have played the final at LSV in the past as I broke my right pinky there when Rocky kicked for touch and I caught the ball (badly). I'm pretty sure that match was an academy final.
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Yes we did against Warrington. We’ve played it in a few different places even when we’ve finished top, Leeds, Hull, St. Helens when Whelan wouldn’t allow us to play it at the DW.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

That's correct. Although we played our home games at Orrell the ground was deemed, by the RFL, unfit to stage the final so we had to either play on a neutral ground or away from home! Thankfully, that problem has now been resolved by the DW being available.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards