Referee for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Referee for Friday

Post by Caboosegg »

Southern Softy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:59 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:57 pm So you can make an appalling error which might have changed the result of the Cup Final but...………. hey ……….…… we love him at HQ, so let's turn him loose again in a big match to prepare for screwing up the Grand Final.

What does a referee have to do to suffer any consequences?
Don't buy the saints propaganda. In real time he doesn't look like he grounds. Vr should only be used when in doubt.
Nothing to do with propaganda. It was a try and should have been reviewed. To fail to do so was a colossal error. Would you be OK with the same occurring in a Grand Final?
i want to see less VR, it ruins the overall experience when used on 90% of the calls (like currently)
there wasn't much complaint from any player until it went on the big screen.

VR has its place but if a ref thinks he made the right call he shouldn't have to go to the Video ref.
everyone makes mistakes but saints didn't lose that game because of 1 bad call and wolves recieved a similar one later on where the VR ruled it out despite it being a try!
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Looked like a try in real time to me. Terrible error.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The video ref wasn’t used at all in the game last week v Castleford!

Well done James Child to have the confidence in your decisions 😊🏉🍒⚪️♥️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

With that Cup Final "try", there was hardly firm evidence it was grounded correctly - it needs "downward" pressure and it looked only like Side Arm pressure after the ball slipped, no matter how many times you view it.
As it stood, it would have been sent up to the VR as a "No Try", as that was his (the ref's) decision, and without conclusive evidence to overturn, the VR would in all probability have gone with the on field call.
The Warrington (Lineham) effort was more a try than the above, imo, as no defensive player was obstructed by the acting half, and could not have prevented the grounding.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

The side camera view for touchdowns is not conclusive anyhow,if the hand is the far side of the ball it can be 6 inches off the ball and still look a try.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

If we need to worry about the refs performance then we are in trouble.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:47 pm If we need to worry about the refs performance then we are in trouble.
100% Agree, sefc.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Nezza Faz wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:02 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:47 pm If we need to worry about the refs performance then we are in trouble.
100% Agree, sefc.
Quite right
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

My apologies to Mr Hicks. Obviously he had a blinder and his decisions had no effect on the closeness of the result.
Let's hope we have him for the Saints semi.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

His inconsistency is appaling....... how many missed forward passes?how many missed offsides?how many missed ball steals? At one point when marshy intercepts, mossop is 7 yards offside( no exaggeration, just paused it) terrible inconsistency........ drop him now
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE