Referee for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Referee for Friday

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:41 am His inconsistency is appaling....... how many missed forward passes?how many missed offsides?how many missed ball steals? At one point when marshy intercepts, mossop is 7 yards offside( no exaggeration, just paused it) terrible inconsistency........ drop him now
And have who?Childs?Thaler?

They dare to make a mistake and everyone will be bellyaching about them
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:08 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:41 am His inconsistency is appaling....... how many missed forward passes?how many missed offsides?how many missed ball steals? At one point when marshy intercepts, mossop is 7 yards offside( no exaggeration, just paused it) terrible inconsistency........ drop him now
And have who?Childs?Thaler?

They dare to make a mistake and everyone will be bellyaching about them
A mistake????? Im sure im on about plenty....... listen pal if he just reffed a game like that in nrl he would be dropped....... im not saying hes bent , just inconsistent...... funny innit that everyone ive spoke to think same....... if we had lost im sure a lot of people wudda been proper into him on here
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Did the rules change during the week? A head rub was fine when we played Cas but not against Salford!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:03 am Did the rules change during the week? A head rub was fine when we played Cas but not against Salford!
A pal on Twitter posted;

“Only Wigan in the entire world rub players heads when they make a mistake. Pass it on....!”

😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'd be happy to see head-rubbing out of the game (and that wouldn't be too difficult; police it strictly and players will soon get the message). If you're going to let it go, at least be consistent in the refereeing of it.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Winding up players is part of the game...... its the things players say to you( on the pitch) thst hurts most........ anybody who has played the amateur game knows that it can be a very cruel sport....... it makes a man of you thats for sure
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

But that is just patronizing and demeaning and offers nothing to the spectacle of the game.
If that incident stops it dead from now on, then that's a major positive - just not needed.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:03 pm I'd be happy to see head-rubbing out of the game (and that wouldn't be too difficult; police it strictly and players will soon get the message). If you're going to let it go, at least be consistent in the refereeing of it.
A sin binning or two each game for a week or two and it’s gone from the game,in Wigan’s case it’s up to Lam to have a word and stamp it out too
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:01 pm
moto748 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:03 pm I'd be happy to see head-rubbing out of the game (and that wouldn't be too difficult; police it strictly and players will soon get the message). If you're going to let it go, at least be consistent in the refereeing of it.
A sin binning or two each game for a week or two and it’s gone from the game,in Wigan’s case it’s up to Lam to have a word and stamp it out too
I dont think we will do nothing till the nrl do it first....... its defo big in there game atm unfortunately
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Yes we could also stop tackling the opposite player and make it tick and pass, thats why the crowds are down its taking all the passion out of the game . Lets have boxing were you are not allowed to hit each other and see how many punters go
I was impressed by Jackson Hastings reply to the Clubb incident 2 warriors with the right attitude to the game play it rough and at the final whistle shake hands , its a great game please do not sanitise it any more