19-man squad vs St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

19-man squad vs St Helens

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam has named the Wigan Warriors 19-man squad to face St Helens in the Betfred Super League Semi-Final.

One change in the 19 as Ollie Partington comes in for Dan Sarginson.

St Helens vs Wigan Warriors, Friday 27th September, Totally Wicked Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm.

Adrian Lam has named the Wigan Warriors 19-man squad to face St Helens in the Betfred Super League Semi-Final at the Totally Wicked Stadium this Friday (K.O. 7:45pm).

Friday’s Play-Off Semi-Final will be the fourth time Wigan have faced Saints in 2019, with Justin Holbrook’s men having won the previous three matches.

Team News

Hooker Sam Powell left the field of play early last week against Salford with a wrist injury.

Speaking about Powell on Tuesday, Lam said: “He’s just getting some X-Rays today, so we should know a bit more about him tomorrow. Fingers crossed he’s OK but we will see.”

Powell has been named in the 19 to face St Helens.

Centre Dan Sarginson, who failed a late fitness test and missed the Salford fixture last week due to a hamstring injury, misses out on the 19-man squad this week.

Lam also provided an update on half-backs Jarrod Sammut and Jake Shorrocks on Tuesday.

“Sammut and Shorrocks are now fit, so they’ll be in contention for this game too. They’ve both been out for six weeks now so to have them back in the mix is good.”

Forward Ollie Partington returns for selection after serving his one-match suspension last week and is named in the 19.

Wigan Warriors 19-man squad to face St Helens:

image: https://www.wiganwarriors.com/admin/res ... -final.jpg

Joe Burgess, Liam Byrne, Tony Clubb, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Bevan French, Oliver Gildart, Joe Greenwood, Chris Hankinson, Zak Hardaker, Willie Isa, Tommy Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Romain Navarrete, Sean O’Loughlin, Ollie Partington, Sam Powell, Morgan Smithies, George Williams.

Wigan Warriors face St Helens in Semi-Final 1 of the Betfred Super League Play-Offs on Friday 27th September. After beating Salford Red Devils in the Qualifying Round on Friday night, Adrian Lam’s men will travel to the Totally Wicked Stadium for a place in the Betfred Super League Grand Final. Tickets are on sale NOW! Get yours by clicking HERE.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... 7yz0C67.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bertina

Re: 19-man squad vs St Helens

Post by bertina »

So, if Powell is fit, who drops out of the 19. Navarette and ?????*

*Edited
There was no need to quote the OP 😊
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Byrne?
Marshall?
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Can't see Powell being fit for Friday, even if its not broke he could do with resting for a couple of weeks before the final.

But if he is fit, then I think it will Byrne who misses out even though I think its should be Lockers.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Our attack needs to be a lot than last week to beat saints.
Getting ready excited now
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Leave out Navarrete
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:26 am Leave out Navarrete
Who else?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

SOL for me.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I think our attack last week was disrupted due to the early injury to Sam P and then him being off the field for the 2nd half. WE had George at dh, French at dh and i was never sure they knew exactly who was to do what.
Dummy half is a pivotal position and Powell handles the ball more than any other player, obviously! I'd have thought that when he wasn't coming out for the 2nd half and individual would have been picked to do his job. Tommy being the most obvious.

Whoever plays 9 this week will know what he's doing as he'll have trained there all week. Hopefully our attack will be far better than last week.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Mickw wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:43 pmSOL for me.
Same here, His reinsertion to the side has disrupted the great play we where producing when he was injured