Next Week

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pearsy

Re: Next Week

Post by pearsy »

Sarge can't pass wind Has it got the point we loose one player and we get a performance like that
Last edited by pearsy on Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:15 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:54 am
jackthelad wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:44 am

Seriously, you think Sarge will make a difference?
I do, he makes more yards than our forwards.
Sarge plays last night and we get nilled, Simples, No way would he have passed when Hanky did
Hanky is not SL class let alone a Wigan centre. He is slow and his defensive reads on the try line are poor.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:36 am

Sarge plays last night and we get nilled, Simples, No way would he have passed when Hanky did
Hanky is not SL class let alone a Wigan centre. He is slow and his defensive reads on the try line are poor.
Give over, You claim this yet praise Sarge, who can't and won't pass, Which let's face it is one of a centres main jobs, All Sarge does is make yards, Which is nice but no good if you can't put your winger away, Hanky is SL standard and we have seen him keep big players quiet, We have seen him pull of try saving tackles, We have seen him put his winger away for tries, He is also a great kicker, It's a sad day when a player nobody wanted signing or re-signing is getting bigged up like he's the second coming of Steve Renouf , Is he a personal friend, Family member or Favourite player?
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

medlocke wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:39 am

Give over, You claim this yet praise Sarge, who can't and won't pass, Which let's face it is one of a centres main jobs, All Sarge does is make yards, Which is nice but no good if you can't put your winger away, Hanky is SL standard and we have seen him keep big players quiet, We have seen him pull of try saving tackles, We have seen him put his winger away for tries, He is also a great kicker, It's a sad day when a player nobody wanted signing or re-signing is getting bigged up like he's the second coming of Steve Renouf , Is he a personal friend, Family member or Favourite player?
Couldn't agree more with all of that, another concern is, why Lam needs to publicly state Sarge is back next week as if this defeat is down to Hanky? totally out of order and very poor from Lam

I cant recall any other champion coach doing this SW never criticised or undermined his players in public, he did it inside the 4 walls of the club
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

jackthelad wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:44 am

Seriously, you think Sarge will make a difference?
Neither are good centres, Sarge cant pass and Hanky too slow.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

i think we would be better balanced with zak at centre and french at fullback....... its obvious budgie wont be dropped no matter what
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

After poor form this season, it's seems a lot of us were thinking that Burgess should be dropped, and Marshall's general improvement would have meant that at least we could find a temporary (?) home for French on the wing. But the inconvenient truth is that Burgess hasn't done too much wrong in the last couple of weeks, and has caught pretty much everything directed at him. Whereas on the right wing we repeatedly failed to number up: how many times did Saints have a four-on-three against us? As I recall, with one of their tries, Marshall had two attackers to mark outside him, and they still rang through to score in the centre position. This is surely a simple lack of defensive bodies. We have been praising our defence in recent weeks, but quite apart from the forward domination that Saints enjoyed, it shows how much more a defence is tested by a attack that throws a bit more at them. Saints' kicking game was a masterclass compared to ours, too.

I hope we do try something a bit different next week, but I doubt Lam will.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Maybe those who think Lam had given up by half-time were right; we didn't even bother trying short kick-offs (something I'd like to see a lot more of, anyway, it adds variation and excitement to the game).
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:37 pm After poor form this season, it's seems a lot of us were thinking that Burgess should be dropped, and Marshall's general improvement would have meant that at least we could find a temporary (?) home for French on the wing. But the inconvenient truth is that Burgess hasn't done too much wrong in the last couple of weeks, and has caught pretty much everything directed at him. Whereas on the right wing we repeatedly failed to number up: how many times did Saints have a four-on-three against us? As I recall, with one of their tries, Marshall had two attackers to mark outside him, and they still rang through to score in the centre position. This is surely a simple lack of defensive bodies. We have been praising our defence in recent weeks, but quite apart from the forward domination that Saints enjoyed, it shows how much more a defence is tested by a attack that throws a bit more at them. Saints' kicking game was a masterclass compared to ours, too.

I hope we do try something a bit different next week, but I doubt Lam will.
im thinking more of his lack of yards and bad defensive reads....... he runs backwards too much for me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jackthelad wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:01 pm

Couldn't agree more with all of that, another concern is, why Lam needs to publicly state Sarge is back next week as if this defeat is down to Hanky? totally out of order and very poor from Lam

I cant recall any other champion coach doing this SW never criticised or undermined his players in public, he did it inside the 4 walls of the club
The defeat wasn’t down to Hank, Lam simply thinks that Sarge is a better player. By the way, Waney did criticise players publicly.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards