Next Week

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Next Week

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

pearsy wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:34 am Sarge can't pass wind Has it got the point we loose one player and we get a performance like that

No. Individuals don’t loose games of rugby teams do. Sarge will not win us a game on his own but he will give us some impetus. If we had a dominant pack then I would have no problem with Hank playing but somebody has got to make the hard yards and we can’t rely on our pack.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

medlocke wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:15 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:54 am
jackthelad wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:44 am

Seriously, you think Sarge will make a difference?
I do, he makes more yards than our forwards.
Sarge plays last night and we get nilled, Simples, No way would he have passed when Hanky did
How do you work that out? We scored twice!
shaunedwardsfanclub

medlocke wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:39 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:36 am

Sarge plays last night and we get nilled, Simples, No way would he have passed when Hanky did
Hanky is not SL class let alone a Wigan centre. He is slow and his defensive reads on the try line are poor.
Give over, You claim this yet praise Sarge, who can't and won't pass, Which let's face it is one of a centres main jobs, All Sarge does is make yards, Which is nice but no good if you can't put your winger away, Hanky is SL standard and we have seen him keep big players quiet, We have seen him pull of try saving tackles, We have seen him put his winger away for tries, He is also a great kicker, It's a sad day when a player nobody wanted signing or re-signing is getting bigged up like he's the second coming of Steve Renouf , Is he a personal friend, Family member or Favourite player?
It all comes down to opinion Meds. By the way Rads and IFL wanted to resign Sarge and Ian Watson was desperate to get him signed up. When he turned us down we invoked Hanks one year option.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:07 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:54 am

I do, he makes more yards than our forwards.
Did we, I fell asleep halfway threw the second half :oops:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:11 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:39 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:36 am

Hanky is not SL class let alone a Wigan centre. He is slow and his defensive reads on the try line are poor.
Give over, You claim this yet praise Sarge, who can't and won't pass, Which let's face it is one of a centres main jobs, All Sarge does is make yards, Which is nice but no good if you can't put your winger away, Hanky is SL standard and we have seen him keep big players quiet, We have seen him pull of try saving tackles, We have seen him put his winger away for tries, He is also a great kicker, It's a sad day when a player nobody wanted signing or re-signing is getting bigged up like he's the second coming of Steve Renouf , Is he a personal friend, Family member or Favourite player?
It all comes down to opinion Meds. By the way Rads and IFL wanted to resign Sarge and Ian Watson was desperate to get him signed up. When he turned us down we invoked Hanks one year option.
By the way, Rads and IFL gave Clubb an extra 2 seasons, Think about that :D
shaunedwardsfanclub

medlocke wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:09 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:11 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:39 am Give over, You claim this yet praise Sarge, who can't and won't pass, Which let's face it is one of a centres main jobs, All Sarge does is make yards, Which is nice but no good if you can't put your winger away, Hanky is SL standard and we have seen him keep big players quiet, We have seen him pull of try saving tackles, We have seen him put his winger away for tries, He is also a great kicker, It's a sad day when a player nobody wanted signing or re-signing is getting bigged up like he's the second coming of Steve Renouf , Is he a personal friend, Family member or Favourite player?
By the way, Rads and IFL gave Clubb an extra 2 seasons, Think about that :D
No, it will give me nightmares 😀.
shaunedwardsfanclub

medlocke wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:07 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Did we, I fell asleep halfway threw the second half :oops:
You lasted longer than the team 😂
bertina

Post by bertina »

Clubb needs dropping, i’m Sorry, but he’s gone. Slower than a tax rebate in both attack and defence.
Our last tackle options and general kicking game are killing us.
If Powell is not 100% (which he clearly isn’t), play TL hooker and Samutt at half back. His kicking game is miles better than Tommy’s. (who’s isn’t).
French needs to play. Where and instead of who is up to Lam, but he has to be in.
I’m not normally for changing players positions, but I would go with French at full back and Zak centre.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

bertina wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:07 am Clubb needs dropping, i’m Sorry, but he’s gone. Slower than a tax rebate in both attack and defence.
If Powell is not 100% (which he clearly isn’t), play TL hooker and Samutt at half back. His kicking game is miles better than Tommy’s. (who’s isn’t).
French needs to play. Where and instead of who is up to Lam, but he has to be in.
I’m not normally for changing players positions, but I would go with French at full back and Zak centre.
If we want any chance of winning the GF changes have to be made and I'd agree with these changes.

Improve kicking
Improve go forward
Push up in defence
Improve Kick returns
shaunedwardsfanclub

bertina wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:07 am Clubb needs dropping, i’m Sorry, but he’s gone. Slower than a tax rebate in both attack and defence.
Sammut isn't fit either.