Smoke Flares.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Levrier

Re: Smoke Flares.

Post by Levrier »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:13 pm They are idiots. They should have put a white flag up like the team did ☹️
Is that the new one for above the South Stand.
Frank Ryan

Post by Frank Ryan »

Personally, love the pyro. All adds to the atmosphere. Fair play to the young lads
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Frank Ryan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:14 am Personally, love the pyro. All adds to the atmosphere. Fair play to the young lads
Are you out of your fecking mind?? 😡

The club gets fined massive amounts when these are set off for a start. Why do you think the club made the announcement?

They're also dangerous to people with health problems!

I cannot believe these people! It doesn’t add anything to the game at all!

No wonder the sport is losing supporters cos of bloody idiots like you! 😡

If someone set off one near me I’d report the barsteward no problem!😠
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Frank Ryan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:14 am Personally, love the pyro. All adds to the atmosphere. Fair play to the young lads
Sub human
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

This needs nipped in the bud now before it becomes a thing. They closed all the bars before half time at last years Grand Final because some bright spark let one off on the concourse.

I don't get this "Adds the the atmosphere" argument. When we pack out that away end at Stains the atmosphere doesn't need adding to, we make plenty of noise without having to let off smoke bombs. All it does is annoy people and get the club into trouble. If letting them off in the stands is annoying, throwing them on the pitch is inexcusable, it wasn't the only thing either, after Marshy's try, a bottle was thrown onto the pitch as well. Seriously what is the thought process that makes someone think that throwing a smoke bomb or a bottle onto the pitch is a sensible thing to do?

This is where I usually get called boring and told to stop trying to ruin the younger lads having fun, but I know i'm not in the minority here.

Shout, Sing, Clap, Bang a drum. Make as much noise as you want. THAT adds to the atmosphere. Leave the smoke bombs at home.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

AndyNick wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:18 am This needs nipped in the bud now before it becomes a thing. They closed all the bars before half time at last years Grand Final because some bright spark let one off on the concourse.

I don't get this "Adds the the atmosphere" argument. When we pack out that away end at Stains the atmosphere doesn't need adding to, we make plenty of noise without having to let off smoke bombs. All it does is annoy people and get the club into trouble. If letting them off in the stands is annoying, throwing them on the pitch is inexcusable, it wasn't the only thing either, after Marshy's try, a bottle was thrown onto the pitch as well. Seriously what is the thought process that makes someone think that throwing a smoke bomb or a bottle onto the pitch is a sensible thing to do?

This is where I usually get called boring and told to stop trying to ruin the younger lads having fun, but I know i'm not in the minority here.

Shout, Sing, Clap, Bang a drum. Make as much noise as you want. THAT adds to the atmosphere. Leave the smoke bombs at home.
After I posted the clubs message on Twitter I called a lot worse than boring! 🙁
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:36 am
Are you out of your fecking mind?? 😡

The club gets fined massive amounts when these are set off for a start. Why do you think the club made the announcement?

They're also dangerous to people with health problems!

I cannot believe these people! It doesn’t add anything to the game at all!

No wonder the sport is losing supporters cos of bloody idiots like you! 😡

If someone set off one near me I’d report the barsteward no problem!😠
Spot on Josie, the problem with our country is that the lunatics are running the asylum.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
First Try Tickle

Re: Smoke Flares

Post by First Try Tickle »

The lad who set the flare off on Friday got thrown out. I know as my lad left 5 mins before end to get the train and he was outside the ground asking for directions to the station.
josie andrews

Re: Smoke Flares

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:46 pm The lad who set the flare off on Friday got thrown out. I know as my lad left 5 mins before end to get the train and he was outside the ground asking for directions to the station.
Has the club identified him?