Smoke Flares.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PF Warrior

Smoke Flares.

Post by PF Warrior »

Once again at the game tonight some pillock or pillocks on the terraces where the Warriors fans stood let off smoke flares. At the beginning of the game a red one was thrown into the pitch and later on another one
We do not need these so called Warriors fans bringing the reputation of our club down to no better than football hooligans.
The club needs to find out who they are and if Season Tickets holders they need them revocking.
fozzieskem

Re: Smoke Flares.

Post by fozzieskem »

I wonder if it’s time to start fining clubs?

Perhaps then they will start to weed these tosspots out and ban them but of course according to the morons who defend this,it adds atmosphere
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Does anyone really defend it? They are crazy if they do. Stewards at games never seem inclined to take any action, though, they didn't tonight any more than they did at Wakey the other week.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:27 am I wonder if it’s time to start fining clubs?

Perhaps then they will start to weed these tosspots out and ban them but of course according to the morons who defend this,it adds atmosphere
The clubs are fined.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I got a load of abuse on Twitter from a guy called Andy Lawson, Laws @atomictrain, after I reposted the request from the club about not using flares or smoke bombs!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:12 am I got a load of abuse on Twitter from a guy called Andy Lawson, Laws @atomictrain, after I reposted the request from the club about not using flares or smoke bombs!
I remember the idiots who let off flares at Cas earlier this season as Hardaker was attempting a conversion, why has the Club not paid for off duty policemen to be in the crowd at big matches 's where these idiots are likely to be.
Alternatively what about following the actions of the Cas fans who made sure that the idiot(s) who threw flares onto the pitch at Salford were immediately identified to stewards and removed from the ground??
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Firstly I am not defending this behaviour; but as posted it is not the first time. It seems to be a common occurrence from away fans across all the clubs. Cas where at it again inn Thursday at Salford.
Only a matter of time before we follow footballs example and are all searched when entering the stadium.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

People *are* searched on the way in, but mostly just women, as every bag was looked into as far as I could see. Those flares look fairly small, and I guess one would go in a jacket pocket.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

They had sniffer dogs outside but those getting flares in could possible disguise the smell of them in some way.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

They are idiots. They should have put a white flag up like the team did ☹️
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards