Fridays meters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Fridays meters

Post by Firestarter »

I think saints rolled us 80-90 metres every set....... it certainly seemed like that too me...... we just didnt look interested which is very strange for such a big game...... im just hoping we were playing mind games because if we cant improve on that then were in big trouble
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No they would have had stats better than Walmsley and Thompson.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

pearsy wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:09 pm Where them stats going forward or backward to there own sticks
:lol:
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its not rocket science, they ran deeper on the ball so they were hitting the line harder, played the ball faster and made the yardage.
We run flat on the ball and are therefore being tackled as we collect the ball and mistakes come from that, one thing is certain our most dangerous player is French and should be a starting player
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I am genuinely scared that Salford will turn us over next Friday they are a very good attacking team with Jackson Hastings guiding them round the field . Be aware our team he goes for the line near the end of every half when the forwards tire
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:44 pm Its not rocket science, they ran deeper on the ball so they were hitting the line harder, played the ball faster and made the yardage.
We run flat on the ball and are therefore being tackled as we collect the ball and mistakes come from that, one thing is certain our most dangerous player is French and should be a starting player
I cannot get my head around this. Is it tactics, or are forwards so unwilling to take the ball up at pace?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

It's just my opinion but I think Holbrook watched Salfords forwards and just refined it a bit and got that result on Friday.And if Wane had been in charge the second half wouldn't have been as bad
shaunedwardsfanclub

pearsy wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:04 am It's just my opinion but I think Holbrook watched Salfords forwards and just refined it a bit and got that result on Friday.And if Wane had been in charge the second half wouldn't have been as bad
Saints have played the same way against us all season, Salford learned from them but couldn’t do it as well.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

So no one has learned from Warrington as to how to beat Saints in a Big game?
shaunedwardsfanclub

DaveO wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:19 pm So no one has learned from Warrington as to how to beat Saints in a Big game?
Or Catalans in last seasons semi-final.