My team for next week

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: My team for next week

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

We are going to get "Peppered" by Lolohea and Hastings kicking. Now is not the time to start changing full back when we already now what Salford are going to do

1 Hardaker
2 Marshall
3 Sarginson
4 Gildart
5 Burgess
6 Williams
7 Sammut
8 Navarette
9 Leuluai
10 Flower
11 Greenwood
12 Farrell
13 Smithies
14 Partington
15 Isa
16 Byrne/O'Loughlin
17 French
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Sammuts a defensive liability for me,I'd play French scrum half Tommy hooker ,no SOL and definitely no navarrette, play the young boys give em experience for next year.
However we all know SOL will be playing no matter what.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Mickw wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:22 pm Sammuts a defensive liability for me,I'd play French scrum half Tommy hooker ,no SOL and definitely no navarrette, play the young boys give em experience for next year.
He will no doubt throw one good pass that certain fans will claim was the second coming and won the game
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:28 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:00 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:39 pm I thought Bullock might be fit for the playoffs?
If Powell isn't 100% then Smithies could do a decent job as defensive hooker.
Has he ever played hooker?
I'm not sure TBH, it would be a risk, only if Powell is not fit. He must start v Salford and we need to find room for Greenwood.
Id much rather play Tommy at hooker, considering he has performed for Wigan there and at International level than move an 18 year old to a position he has never played before in the biggest game of our season.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mickw wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:22 pm Sammuts a defensive liability for me,I'd play French scrum half Tommy hooker ,no SOL and definitely no navarrette, play the young boys give em experience for next year.
French scrum half? How many times has he played this position as a professional?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Probably less than he has played hooker.

If we're not going to use his pace at full-back, put him at centre instead of Sarginson. It's currently a bit like buying a Ferrari (other makes are available) and leaving it in the garage, except for the odd 10 minute shopping run.

I wouldn't play Navarette either - a walking penalty at the moment, like a refurbished Gil Dudson.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Southern Softy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:26 pm Probably less than he has played hooker.

If we're not going to use his pace at full-back, put him at centre instead of Sarginson. It's currently a bit like buying a Ferrari (other makes are available) and leaving it in the garage, except for the odd 10 minute shopping run.

I wouldn't play Navarette either - a walking penalty at the moment, like a refurbished Gil Dudson.
i wish dudson was on our side come friday
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:31 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:26 pm Probably less than he has played hooker.

i wish dudson was on our side come friday
So do I, he is better than the props we have at our disposal.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Mossop is better than what we have. Tells you we are keeping players no where near as good as those previously thought of as "not good enough"
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:38 pm
French scrum half? How many times has he played this position as a professional?
Bizarre isn't it?

French to scrum half, Smithies to hooker - what next? Lockers to wing? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Because I don't "Boo"!!!