Paper Talk: Sammut for sale

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Paper Talk: Sammut for sale

Post by No straw damn us »

DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:16 am From the summary posted from the fans forum I think this could be the first of a few as part of a cost cutting exercise.
Or to make room for Lachlan Lam?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:57 am
DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:16 am From the summary posted from the fans forum I think this could be the first of a few as part of a cost cutting exercise.
I keep seeing his name pop up but with nothing else to back it up been like this since Lam arrived.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Are you saying Brian that a deal for Lam is done if we can create room under the salary cap?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Is that a possibility? The feedback from the fans forum was pretty specific that fringe players would be be let go as part of a cost reduction exercise. I think it's a reasonable assumption to make Summut is the first to be let go (if anyone wants him as he has a two year deal I think) but if we sign another quality player after he's gone I won't complain.