Versus Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Versus Salford

Post by Wintergreen »

w.thomas wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:21 pm Hope the happy clappers are enjoying this shower. Imagine how crap you are when a pub player like dudson looks like a world beater. Fold the club, rads out, lam out, lenegan out, happy clappers out. Set all your cherry and white clothing on fire. If you have anything positive to say about that performance you have brain damage. Any one disagrees al be round the back of ince KFC at 10.30pm if you want a go. Ps no weapons
:lol:

Very nice of you to offer people who disagree with you a bite of your chicken.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

old hooker wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:20 am That was just embarrassing, no passion from the players and I know I am repeating what many have said but Lockers, Clubb and Flower need to go.Powell cant pass the ball and Budgie is just not the same player.On the bright side we have Burgess and Hastings next season who are class acts, Bibby looked ok last night and Clark could be a good impact player from the bench.I think this season is just proof of the clubs policy of signing and retaining average players, Hankinson, Sammutt, Escare, Isa none of whom are good enough.Add a marquee player who is vastly overrated and goes missing in big games and we end up with nothing.
Pretty much how I see it (in the cold light of day).

Last night's result was the right one, and next week's GF is also the winner. The best team in SL (by far) versus an inspired team who work for each other and give their all.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

One of the most depressing things for me is watching the academy lads play exactly the same way (style wise) as the first team ,
players leave us and become better players ,that never happened in years gone by.
A
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:23 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:57 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:37 am

Will you miss me next season when I move seats? 😂 There’ll be no shoulders bobbing up & down that’s for sure 😘😘
Ah you moving Josie?

Shame that last night was very funny,just the tonic for that performance
I’m having a lot of health problems sadly, so just moving down to the bottom where I’ve no steps to contend with ☹️
Been in that seat 20 years, our Richard, who was 6 when I started taking him & his girlfriend, who he introduced to the game, are keeping their seats though 😊
Makes perfect sense that josie
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

DaveO wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:31 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:51 pm Personally I'm relieved we haven't made Old Trafford. No matter how we reflect on tonight or the whole season, we have been dominated by Saints in every game this season......can anyone truly say hand on heart if we beat Salford tonight they really believed 100% we could be Saints?
No but but we should have still got to the final when we finished 2nd. You never want to not be in finals even if the prospect for victory seems poor. There are no excuses for that failure.
As for Lam, I agree with others who are of the opinion that he has entered the club under difficult circumstances. Bateman, Tomkins, Sutton are loses for sure, but the club and squad has had to adapt with a different coach and style/ideas. The Edwards saga didn't help but its pointless asking 'what if' regarding Wane and Edwards.

To finish in 2nd place after EVERYTHING this season suggests Lam has stabilised the club. 2020 is the test, he knows he has the job now and he has 12 months experience behind him!
Why would a club that were champions the season before need stabilising? At the end of last season everyone was saying Greenwood was Bateman's replacement, Hardaker was Sam T's (Hardaker has actually IMO been a success) and Bullock for Sutton. It's not like we didn't even attempt to replace these players.
Why should we have got to the final finishing second? Your correct there are no excuses for that failure but like against Stains, Salford played with more pace and with ball in hand looked far more creative especially with Hastings running the show!

2018 was considerably different to 2019! Before you look at anything else 'the wane style/culture' was always going to be different to Lams ideas/style! Multiple player related scandals, Lam himself having his bags packed (thinking Edwards was coming in) for the majority of the season and changes in players......that would suggest not the smoothest of jobs to walk into! I agree pound for pound Greenwood is a good replacement for Batty but has been injured lots, Bullock has really impressed me especially stepping up into SL but Hardaker IMO has been a success more 'safe'. I wonder if Escare had been given a change to actually compete with Zak would we have seen a different side to Zak but I do think he has been consistently safe at FB. As for Lam full credit to him, he knuckled down hard and to take us to second shows that the players clearly buy into him. Last night wasn't a major surprise to me (especially after the Saints performance) but we should have won!
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

It doesn't make any difference but was Marshall injured when he went off? Same for Flower who never came back.
Although Partington and Smithies have been outstanding this season, they looked as if it was a match too far and we have run them into the ground. Need to be more careful next season.
Still not sure about Byrne and how do we get the best out of French? His try demonstrated his pace, although Salford were already thinking of next Saturday by then but how do we use him so that it's effective on a regular basis?
Oddly, I thought Clubb was reasonably effective and seemed to make decent yards (I haven't seen the stats so could be mistaken.)
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:24 am
w.thomas wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:21 pm Hope the happy clappers are enjoying this shower. Imagine how crap you are when a pub player like dudson looks like a world beater. Fold the club, rads out, lam out, lenegan out, happy clappers out. Set all your cherry and white clothing on fire. If you have anything positive to say about that performance you have brain damage. Any one disagrees al be round the back of ince KFC at 10.30pm if you want a go. Ps no weapons
:lol:

Very nice of you to offer people who disagree with you a bite of your chicken.
I'll be watching more Union next Year. Enjoying England v Argentina at the moment. Never thought I'd ever say that!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Southern Softy wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:36 am It doesn't make any difference but was Marshall injured when he went off? Same for Flower who never came back.
Although Partington and Smithies have been outstanding this season, they looked as if it was a match too far and we have run them into the ground. Need to be more careful next season.
Still not sure about Byrne and how do we get the best out of French? His try demonstrated his pace, although Salford were already thinking of next Saturday by then but how do we use him so that it's effective on a regular basis?
Oddly, I thought Clubb was reasonably effective and seemed to make decent yards (I haven't seen the stats so could be mistaken.)
Watch his second spell. No wonder our young guys look tired they are carrying the rest of the pack! Byrne will be ok he has plenty of time to develop.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:08 am
medlocke wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:59 pm Looking a bit feckless again
Meds, you told us that Hank was SL standard, he is quite clearly not.
Neither was Williams or Lockers on that and other performances yet you never belittle them
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I posted many times last year about Club, his yards forward are pathetic and Flower would get injured in a strong wind. Sadly its time to say goodbye to Lockers/ Club/ and Flower and use the wages to get another big Aus / NZ prop with the savings . If you look at the game time this year of the 3 above compered to one of Saints props he has done more game time than all 3 combined