Poor attendance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Poor attendance

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Mike wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:07 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:I think that all those that feel it is value for money should continue to pay their licence fee and those who don’t should be able to opt out and be prevented from viewing. I don’t think the reasonable majority would want to subscribe, but then again I could be wrong. In my view it is a complete waste of money.
You can already do that now you know. Just watch TV through your computer and don't use iPlayer. You don't need to pay tv license. You can subscribe to sky, Netflix or whatever you like. Just stay away from iPlayer and don't have a digital TV and you are fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I am more than happy to subscribe and watch programmes on my tv that I think are VFM. What I don’t like is having it forced on me. Now all those liberals out there should understand that and be lending their weight to dismantling what was once a great institution but is way past its sell by date. As I say, give the people a choice.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Lazy J wrote:
Mike wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:07 am You can already do that now you know. Just watch TV through your computer and don't use iPlayer. You don't need to pay tv license. You can subscribe to sky, Netflix or whatever you like. Just stay away from iPlayer and don't have a digital TV and you are fine.

Not sure if that’s true, here’s the relevant but from the licensing site
A TV Licence covers you to watch or record live TV programmes on any channel, and to download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer. This applies to any device and provider you use, including:
TV sets (including smart TVs)
DVD, Blu-ray and VHS recorders
Laptops and desktop computers
Tablets, mobile phones and other portable devices
Digital boxes or PVRs (such as Sky, Virgin Media or BT TV)
Games consoles
Media streaming devices (such as Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku and Now TV)
Freeview, Freesat or YouView

It’s like the old argument of I only watch ITV, the licence is on the equipment to receive it rather than the channel you watch, after all BBC is carried on the sky platform as is iplayer
https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/televis ... -explained

You don't need it if you don't watch live TV.

So the other poster has a choice to stop. But they'd rather moan.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

Mike wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:33 pm
Lazy J wrote:
Mike wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:07 am You can already do that now you know. Just watch TV through your computer and don't use iPlayer. You don't need to pay tv license. You can subscribe to sky, Netflix or whatever you like. Just stay away from iPlayer and don't have a digital TV and you are fine.

A TV Licence covers you to watch or record live TV programmes on any channel, and to download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer. This applies to any device and provider you use, including:
Games consoles
Media streaming devices (such as Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku and Now TV)

It’s like the old argument of I only watch ITV, the licence is on the equipment to receive it rather than the channel you watch, after all BBC is carried on the sky platform as is iplayer

I am not moaning, in this day and age I would rather be given a choice as I am with Sky. The true fact is that if we were given an option most people would opt out.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:42 pm
Lazy J wrote:
Games consoles

I am not moaning, in this day and age I would rather be given a choice as I am with Sky. The true fact is that if we were given an option most people would opt out.
You have got an option. So opt out.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

Lazy J wrote:
Games consoles

Not too sure most people would opt out SEFC. £3 per week seems pretty cheap for what the BBC offers. My wife would pay 3 times that just for strictly 😉
shaunedwardsfanclub

Lazy J wrote:

Games consoles

Well I watch tv so I don’t really have a choice. As far as I am concerned it is another tax for which I don’t receive a good service.
shaunedwardsfanclub

jobo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:43 pm

Not too sure most people would opt out SEFC. £3 per week seems pretty cheap for what the BBC offers. My wife would pay 3 times that just for strictly 😉
That’s fine Jobo, if people want to pay then that is their choice. My choice would be to kick it into the long grass. I would rather donate my £3 pw to charity.