Which Wigan Warriors players may be departing in the off-season?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Which Wigan Warriors players may be departing in the off-season?

Post by DaveO »

Levrier wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:29 pm Isa is the kind of player that every team needs. He can cover forwards and backs and has the kind of engine that makes up for him being a bit lightweight. I imagine that he would be one of the first on the squad list. If players are being moved on I imagine that it will be a winger or two and a couple of the panic buys who have never found a role, like Sammut, or those who have not made it yet. I am still a bit flummoxed by some of our contract extensions and I hope that this does not mean that we get rid of some of the young lads coming through before they get a chance.
This idea every team needs an Isa kind of player is often cited in players defence. We need squad players like him because we can't afford to have superstars is the argument. The trouble is, this squad player is now picked as one of the starting 13 regularly and he's just not good enough for that.

I certainly don't think he's still capable of covering the backs. Far too slow now.

Wigan have have a tendency to reward grafters with new deal. Wane was very fond of such players. Trained the house down but ultimately aren't that good.

Every now and again you find an exception such as Lockers in his prime who has the skill and could graft all game but that isn't Isa. He was badly exposed in the playoff games as less than average.

New contract nailed on then!