LOckers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

LOckers

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem

Re: LOckers

Post by fozzieskem »

If he is to prolong his career then this is the right move and let’s be fair here,his form didn’t warrant a call up did it?
pearsy

Re: LOC

Post by pearsy »

Must be end of his career now or has he had to many bangs to the head.Fans on this site are always saying that the club have a duty of care but the player most have a duty of care to his family also
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

That reads like the end of his international career by the wording.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

The Wigan and England captain had targeted a return to Great Britain colours on the first Rugby League Lions tour since 2006 as the perfect way to round off his international career,
It is sad but that is how I saw this season for him. Just a case of him doing enough and he thought he would have been selected. Big ego trip!
But after missing much of the 2019 Betfred Super League season with a pectoral injury, it has been agreed that O’Loughlin’s interests would be better served by spending a full off-season at home.
Or in other words. You haven't done enough to warrant selection and the team cannot carry a 20 minute player like Wigan attempt to do
Great Britain and England head coach Wayne Bennett said: “I’ve admired Sean O’Loughlin as a player for a long time, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed working with him with England.

“He’s been an outstanding leader of the team on and off the field
I have highlighted what I think is the one key word in the entire article as stated by Wayne Bennett. He has been - not is an outstanding leader any more

Reads like an obituary to his international career even if the player doesn't see it like that
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

I happy with this, should have done the same 3-4 years ago
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sounds to me like he will be holding the team back again next season, The comment about a full off season really worries me
SJ

Post by SJ »

medlocke wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:34 pm https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55 ... pY02UAAlVU

Awesome news, NOT :evil:
Bloody hell! When I looked on the Index Board and saw "last post by Medlocke" I thought it was a RIP and perhaps Josie couldn't blow the Bugle.
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

It’s time messrs Radlinski & Leneghan did the same thing at Wigan and make the decision for him.
“Shaun you’ve had a fantastic playing career, but now it’s time to move into the coaching role that we’ve promised you”
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Hattster wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:49 am It’s time messrs Radlinski & Leneghan did the same thing at Wigan and make the decision for him.
“Shaun you’ve had a fantastic playing career, but now it’s time to move into the coaching role that we’ve promised you”
Personally i think he should hang up his boot and as for coaching - he should have to prove he is worth that role to the club. I get he has been a great servant but does anyone know if he is actually any good at coaching?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure