LOckers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: LOckers

Post by fozzieskem »

All very easy for us to say he should walk away and get a gig elsewhere (I agree btw) but to walk away from all you’ve known is a huge ask,one that could go wrong of course,add a young family and you can see why he has so far stayed out
Last edited by fozzieskem on Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Yep, how did I forget rads and faz? The rads one kind of makes the point though. I know he offered a RU contract but he really only knows Wigan, and that shows.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Lockers not going on tour changes it all for me.
A holiday then back into a full pre season could help him and allow him to have one last season.
As it will be his last season then his selection must be done with skill.
It could well be, and probably will be at the end of 2020 both Lockers and Tommy will retire from playing.
That's a lot of experience we'll be short of in each of the 80 mins come 2021.

Some quality recruitment to be done next year!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:44 pm Lockers not going on tour changes it all for me.
A holiday then back into a full pre season could help him and allow him to have one last season.
It could well be, and probably will be at the end of 2020 both Lockers and Tommy will retire from playing.

Add to those, Gildart, Burgess and Flower.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Lockers not going on tour changes it all for me.

If he has to be selected “with skill” that means he’s being carried.

I don’t think not going on tour is going to make much difference. He’s 37 not 27.

nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Whilst I believe a full pre season & more time to recover from injuries will be beneficial, I still think he will get injured a lot next year. The calf injury has been reoccurring for 3-4 years now hasn’t it?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Having watched both grand finals recently, both the aussie GF and ours one thing that stood out is it's a young mans game ,the amount of work especially in defense that has to be done at a pace aswell,I just think the games moved on, hes a great of the club but the time to move on is overdue.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Like Thompson’s (24) grand final stats back this up in comparison to our two starting props, Clubb & Flower.

188m
42 tackles
72 minutes
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."