Jake Bibby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Jake Bibby

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Having had the opportunity to watch him over the last few weeks, what are people's views on him?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
doc

Re: Jake Bibby

Post by doc »

No better than Sarge/Hanky.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I saw nothing special on the few times I have seen him,but I think he must be given a chance before we start comparing him to others.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Personally I think he is an improvement on Hankinson. From what Ive heard the signings are not complete so we could may well see another Centre arrive
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Better passer of the ball than sarge

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Richymac

Post by Richymac »

I like him. He’s strong and seems to link up with Hastings really well from what I’ve seen.
I think we will see him rise to the task of moving to a bigger club as he seems to me to have all the attributes to be a decent centre. Just needs some good coaching I reckon.
Hankinson should still be in competition for places with him though. Competition will raise the standards again.
I may be wrong though guess we will find out when we actually get a chance to see him live!
Don’t write him off before he’s played in Cherry and White pls!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Downgrade on Sarge and upgrade on Hank. So overall we are weaker until proven otherwise.

It concerns me that he plays the same side as Gildart.

Anyone who has played rugby to a decent level knows it isn’t easy at all to switch sides as you tackle on a different shoulder, hold the ball in a different arm and fend off with a different arm. It is also impacting the lines you run.

Seeing Farrell struggle when he moved sides for Greenwood is a prime example.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:28 am Downgrade on Sarge and upgrade on Hank. So overall we are weaker until proven otherwise.

It concerns me that he plays the same side as Gildart.

Anyone who has played rugby to a decent level knows it isn’t easy at all to switch sides as you tackle on a different shoulder, hold the ball in a different arm and fend off with a different arm. It is also impacting the lines you run.

Seeing Farrell struggle when he moved sides for Greenwood is a prime example.
he can play right wing so im sure right centre wont be a problem...... hes only playing left so inu can play his preffered right centre
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

From before he signed and was just rumoured to be joining us I always thought he was to be Gildart's replacement as I suspect he will head down under when his contract expires.
Having watched him and him being a left sided player that reinforces my original view of his signing.

Will he be as good as Gildart? Probably not immediately but let him play and see what he brings. I thought he looked decent in the play off games.

As for Hankinson, I'd like to see him given a good run at right centre. He's always looked decent there when he's played and it was Hanks who got our right side scoring when he played there. He's also a good goal kicker and his five out of five at Leeds was the difference between winning and losing.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I have to say I hadn’t noticed him before he signed looks ok he always did something that caught the eye,not going to say he better than player x,y or z because you can end up looking daft if he turns out better or worse than expected.

Glad he’s signed let’s say that