2020 fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by Firestarter » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:53 pm

I think its time we got our very own stadium....... surely theres some way the most famous rugby league team in the world can make this happen....... cant stand the DW stadium personally
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

nathan_rugby
Posts: 1847
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by nathan_rugby » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:59 am

Firestarter wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I think its time we got our very own stadium....... surely theres some way the most famous rugby league team in the world can make this happen....... cant stand the DW stadium personally
How much would a new one cost? Where? Who funds it?

If we opt to ground share, who else meets all the criteria?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by Firestarter » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:10 am

nathan_rugby wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:59 am
Firestarter wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I think its time we got our very own stadium....... surely theres some way the most famous rugby league team in the world can make this happen....... cant stand the DW stadium personally
How much would a new one cost? Where? Who funds it?

If we opt to ground share, who else meets all the criteria?
Not a clue nathan thats why i asked
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

ancientnloyal
Posts: 14029
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: Howe Bridge
Contact:

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by ancientnloyal » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:20 pm

The Labour Party will fund it with their spending pledges
Rugby, Family and Strava... that’s about it for me to be honest!

Ellery Hanley our Crown Jewel 💎

shaunedwardsfanclub
Posts: 6164
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:20 pm

ancientnloyal wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:20 pm
The Labour Party will fund it with their spending pledges
:lol:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards

User avatar
wall_of_voodoo
Posts: 924
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by wall_of_voodoo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:28 am

Firestarter wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:10 am
nathan_rugby wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:59 am
Firestarter wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I think its time we got our very own stadium....... surely theres some way the most famous rugby league team in the world can make this happen....... cant stand the DW stadium personally
How much would a new one cost? Where? Who funds it?

If we opt to ground share, who else meets all the criteria?
Not a clue nathan thats why i asked
How the hell did the smellies or even the bloody lobby gobblers manage to get their own stadium?? If you want excuses then there are enough of them the fact is that there is no intention whatsoever to run their own stadium or have their own identity within that stadium. Simply better to kowtow to the pathetics and have 2 successive months on the road whilst the grass can grow nice and greener than ever before
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:

SJ
Posts: 1316
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by SJ » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:42 am

Ideally I rather like to ground share with ST. Helens. That would be awesome wouldn't it? :x :x :x

Caboosegg
Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by Caboosegg » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:20 pm

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:28 am
Firestarter wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:10 am
nathan_rugby wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:59 am


How much would a new one cost? Where? Who funds it?

If we opt to ground share, who else meets all the criteria?
Not a clue nathan thats why i asked
How the hell did the smellies or even the bloody lobby gobblers manage to get their own stadium?? If you want excuses then there are enough of them the fact is that there is no intention whatsoever to run their own stadium or have their own identity within that stadium. Simply better to kowtow to the pathetics and have 2 successive months on the road whilst the grass can grow nice and greener than ever before
leigh stadium is council owned and built
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by Firestarter » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:01 pm

As much as ide love our very own stadium its probably worth waiting a while till we can get our own decent stadium as leigh, wire, saints and salfords grounds are awful and have no atmosphere...... tin pot stadiums imo...... im old fashioned and love rounded off stadiums like bolton fc....... in a perfect world we would have a new stadium like the new one in parramatta
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

ancientnloyal
Posts: 14029
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: Howe Bridge
Contact:

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by ancientnloyal » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Image

If the LA Rams and Chargers can get their own stadium why can’t Wigan get one up on this???
Rugby, Family and Strava... that’s about it for me to be honest!

Ellery Hanley our Crown Jewel 💎

Locked