2020 fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:35 pm Teams we will play three times:

Warrington Wolves (1 Home, 2 Away - including Magic Weekend fixture at St James’ Park Newcastle on Sunday 24th May, 2:45pm kick-off)
Castleford Tigers (1 Home, 2 Away)
Hull KR (2 Home, 1 Away)
Salford Red Devils (2 Home, 1 Away)
Catalans Dragons (2 Home, 1 Away)
Wakefield Trinity (1 Home, 2 Away)
St Helens (1 Home, 2 Away)

Teams we will play twice:

Toronto Wolfpack (1 Home, 1 Away)
Hull FC (1 Home, 1 Away)
Huddersfield Giants (1 Home, 1 Away)
Leeds Rhinos (1 Home, 1 Away)
So Wigan are away AGAIN at Wakey twice and the Smellies twice. Home AGAIN twice v Catalans and AGAIN twice v HKR

Hardly going to boost crowds with such mediocre opposition at home twice (again) is it?. Where is the rotation or fairness?
IL should be asking questions about these fixtures and how "fair" they are for clubs attempting to balance books
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:07 pm I am furious that yet again we have a 2 month break away from home. Tbh, if anything would make me tear up our season tickets it is knowing that the club are so gutless when it comes to Pathetics that we miss most of the best weeks for watching the game EVERY YEAR. We aren’t a proud club, we are begging tenants.
From 15th May to 10th July Wigan are "on the road"

Summer rugby my backside??!! Wigan hardly play ANY games at home in summer - its a fluffing disgrace
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The club issued the fixture list with season in numbers and an i list which is excellent as it's aiming towards younger fans. However, this older fan who bring his grandsons to games found the traditional Gregorian calendar was missing the actual days the game would be played.

I do hope they publish an updated version on the club's site with the days games will actually be played on.
For younger fans Thursday evening is a "no no" as there's school the following day. Also showing Sunday games would be very helpful too.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

How is it decided who we play 3 times and who we play twice?

How is it decided whether the additional game is home or away?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Pie Eyed

Post by Pie Eyed »

Hope everyone’s saving money for fuel during our “break” from home matches.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the run of seats were at least local - At least some of them.

Newcastle
Castleford
Wakefield
Hull
Hull
Leeds

Nice planning. [emoji35]
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I know I have asked this before, but is this 2 month gap going to be every year forever?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’m p****d off with it & the club are losing season ticket holders because of it!

I know loads who haven’t renewed in the past & several haven't renewed this season because of it! 🤬
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Pie Eyed

Post by Pie Eyed »

It’s annoying, because they’re doing some really good things to keep/raise attendances, such as extending the £35 junior tickets to 18-years old.

But then they go and self-sabotage by doing stupid things like agreeing to 2 months of away matches, and even worse, RFL/SuperLeague then compound it by giving us ALL of the longest-distance away matches back-to-back for that whole 2 months.

No wonder our attendance is on its ãrse.

[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

This break is killing enthusiasm it needs addressing no other club does this so why the hell does Wigan put up with it?

And as for those run of fixtures well I’ll be picking and choosing my games while they are away and I hate saying that as I do love the away games
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

I hate the break as I start getting used to not going and so do the kids, plus it's generally the best time for good weather which is when you can enjoy the games more