2020 fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: 2020 fixtures

Post by josie andrews »

My friends brother get married on the day we play Toronto! She’s going to miss the wedding 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

2020 fixtures in numbers

A statistical breakdown of everything you need to know about Wigan Warriors’ 2020 fixtures.

The Lowdown
The new Betfred Super League structure, which was created last year, guarantees one-up, one-down promotion and relegation in a 12-team competition.

All teams will play each other once home and away, plus six additional fixtures and the Dacia Magic Weekend, ending with the top five teams in a Play-Off series which culminates in a Grand Final to crown the Super League Champions at Old Trafford.

Each team will play 29 fixtures – 14 at home and 14 away, plus the Magic round – meaning they play seven of the other 11 teams three times, and the other four twice. That fixture pattern has been determined by the teams’ finishing positions in 2019.

After finishing second last season, Wigan will play teams who finished in odd-numbered positions three times and even-numbered positions twice – Toronto are counted as finishing 12th having won the Million Pound Game.

Teams we will play three times:

Warrington Wolves (1 Home, 2 Away - including Magic Weekend fixture at St James’ Park Newcastle on Sunday 24th May, 2:45pm kick-off)
Castleford Tigers (1 Home, 2 Away)
Hull KR (2 Home, 1 Away)
Salford Red Devils (2 Home, 1 Away)
Catalans Dragons (2 Home, 1 Away)
Wakefield Trinity (1 Home, 2 Away)
St Helens (1 Home, 2 Away)

Teams we will play twice:

Toronto Wolfpack (1 Home, 1 Away)
Hull FC (1 Home, 1 Away)
Huddersfield Giants (1 Home, 1 Away)
Leeds Rhinos (1 Home, 1 Away)

Home and Away

14 Home
14 Away
1 at Magic Weekend

Day-by-day breakdown

3 Thursday games:

2 Home
1 Away
16 Friday games:

8 Home
8 Away
3 Saturday games:

3 Away
7 Sunday games:

4 Home
3 Away (including Magic Weekend)

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... 4Sce1QF.99
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Castleford & Wakefield away twice! 🤬
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:41 pm Castleford & Wakefield away twice! 🤬
Thankfully I’ll be at the Isle of Wight festival when we go to wakey
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Mike wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:46 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:11 pm
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:00 am The only thing that worries me about the Toronto away game is the availability of tickets . Most of us who want to travel over will want to book flights well in advance to get the best prices. I hope Toronto will provide enough of an allocation to cover everyone and well in advance . Don't want to buy flights and not get a ticket. I think the capacity of the stadium over there us slightly under 10K.

Regards EW
I hardly doubt we are going fill any away fan allocation greater than 100 if that.
Bet we'll take 2K.
I bet we don't, it is still cold in April so not as enticing.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:30 pm I need to be ultra clever to sell a trip to Toronto to the wife!
You could always have her bumped off! :D
shaunedwardsfanclub

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:52 pm You couldn't make it up . The only 2 weeks I am not available next season is when we play Toronto away will be in Costa Rica. Gutted !!! My son is gonna kill me when he finds out.

Regards EW
I hope not, we cannot afford to lose fans!
shaunedwardsfanclub

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:41 pm Castleford & Wakefield away twice! 🤬
And Saints away twice. If my memory serves me right they had the benefit of two home fixtures last season. Lost income to the club :x
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am furious that yet again we have a 2 month break away from home. Tbh, if anything would make me tear up our season tickets it is knowing that the club are so gutless when it comes to Pathetics that we miss most of the best weeks for watching the game EVERY YEAR. We aren’t a proud club, we are begging tenants.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

(I know I can’t tear them up now they’re plastic by the way. I could possibly cut them up instead.)