George Burgess

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

George Burgess

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

How big of an impact is he going to make? I read his stats from last season and he was used on average about 28 minutes a game in the NRL and didnt make huge impacts off the bench. Cant say I saw him play so I'm purely going off stats, however NRL is obviously ahead of SL in terms of physicality and skill, so is he going to be a stand out forward next season? It's interesting to note he hasnt been in England squads for a bit and was overlooked for the GB squad. Anyone been watching the NRL more than me?
Green Machine

Re: George Burgess

Post by Green Machine »

He’s not been very good this year, tends to lose the ball in collisions bit like Tautai. Aussie props seem to spend a lot more time on the pitch than ours do. Tony Clubb manages about 28 mins so he’s in good company ;) I hope the new environment can spur him on but will have to wait and see.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Or will our environment and prop forward competition make him realise he doesn’t have to do much to get selected and be the best prop?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

He fell out of favour didn't he?.
Both the burgess twins have the occasional loose carry in them, they always have.

You hope though unlike the 'wrecking ball' we know what he is capable of and if he can be motivated then it can be one hell of a signing.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It will be a fresh start and a new challenge for George and I think he'll be very motivated. He'll never be able to play effectively for forty minutes per half but I'm hoping for decent stints either side of half time. Playing in a different competition on the other side of the world from his two team mate brothers will bring out the best in him.