'Bye Sydney!' George Burgess leaves Australia with his wife Joanna and their children after signing a three-year deal wi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

'Bye Sydney!' George Burgess leaves Australia with his wife Joanna and their children after signing a three-year deal wi

Post by josie andrews »

George and Joanna Burgess and their three children bid farewell to Australia this week, after the rugby league star signed a three-year deal with Wigan Warriors.

As they embarked upon their new life in northern England, the family-of-five posed for a picture outside Sydney Airport on Monday afternoon.

'Bye Sydney,' Joanna captioned a photo of herself posing with George and their three young children, Boston, Birdie and Blainey.

The family was dropped off at the airport by George's brother, Luke, his mother, Julie, and several other relatives and friends.

George played his final NRL regular season game for the South Sydney Rabbitohs in July, after signing a three-year deal with English side Wigan Warriors.

At the time, Super League champions Wigan announced the 27-year-old England international front-rower would be joining them for the 2020 season.

Earlier this year, George served a nine-match ban after being found guilty of eye-gouging Wests Tigers player Robbie Farah.

'George is one of the world's best front-rowers,' Wigan head coach Adrian Lam said in a club statement.

'He is respected highly by his peers in the NRL and at international level and his experience, leadership and physicality will be of real benefit for us.'

The Englishman, who has played over 147 NRL games since his debut for the Rabbitohs in 2012, has also played 15 Tests for his country.

He won the NRL premiership with Souths in 2014, in a team that included his twin brother, Tom, and older brother, Sam.

'Although it's a huge decision to leave the NRL and say goodbye to Souths, I'm excited as to what the future will hold at Wigan Warriors and the Super League,' George said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ ... riors.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Re: 'Bye Sydney!' George Burgess leaves Australia with his wife Joanna and their children after signing a three-year dea

Post by No straw damn us »

Anyone who names one of his children Boston is good with me. :D
josie andrews

Re: 'Bye Sydney!' George Burgess leaves Australia with his wife Joanna and their children after signing a three-year dea

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:17 pm Anyone who names one of his children Boston is good with me. :D
I thought the same 😊🏉🍒⚪️♥️
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Welcome George Burgess

New recruit George Burgess is aiming to have the best season of his career when he steps out in a Wigan Warriors jersey in 2020.

Speaking in his first interview with the Club since touching down on English soil, Burgess also explained how excited he is to get started.

He said, “To pull on the famous Cherry and White is going to be an occasion for me for sure.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... 7By4Qyr.99
bertina

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:45 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:17 pm Anyone who names one of his children Boston is good with me. :D
I thought the same 😊🏉🍒⚪️♥️
If only.👍👍.
Seriously though, I wish the lad and his family all the best on their arrival at Wigan. It must be a huge wrench for them after being in Oz so long with so much family around them.
Let’s all try to make them feel as welcome as possible at our club, and in our town.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Good band
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

medlocke wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:00 pm
Good band
Or conceived in Boston?

The other siblings are called Platt Waz and Wollongong
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:44 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:00 pm
Good band
Or conceived in Boston?

The other siblings are called Platt Waz and Wollongong
Lincs or Mass?
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Haydock. It was the old NCB Training centre.