Gildart injury update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Gildart injury update

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors can confirm that centre Oliver Gildart will miss the beginning of the 2020 Betfred Super League season following surgery on his dislocated shoulder.

Gildart, who sustained the injury during the Great Britain RL Lions opening tour game against the Tonga Invitational XIII game in October, will now miss the beginning of the 2020 Betfred Super League campaign and is expected to be sidelined up to four to five months.

Wigan Warriors’ Head Coach, Adrian Lam: “It’s a blow, as Oliver is a quality player, but injuries are part and parcel of a sport as tough as rugby league and his misfortune presents another member of our squad with an opportunity to contribute in the early weeks of the 2020 season. The surgery was a success and we’ll support the player throughout his rehabilitation process to get him on the road to recovery as soon as possible.”

Wigan Warriors’ Head Coach, Adrian Lam: “It’s a blow, as Oliver is a quality player, but injuries are part and parcel of a sport as tough as rugby league and his misfortune presents another member of our squad with an opportunity to contribute in the early weeks of the 2020 season. The surgery was a success and we’ll support the player throughout his rehabilitation process to get him on the road to recovery as soon as possible.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... 5q3vdgZ.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Re: Gildart injury update

Post by ancientnloyal »

Get rested up, have a holiday.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I expected this...... it wont be long until we state that dom needs resting longer....... at least now we will possibly get chance to see what frenchy can do at fullback...... we seem to have s lot of versatility this season at least
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’d assume Hankinson and Bobby in the centres maybe?

Once I knew who Bobby was (he always seemed to escape my gaze) he really impressed me he should go well at Wigan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Our injury jinx has started already ☹️
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:32 pm I’d assume Hankinson and Bobby in the centres maybe?

Once I knew who Bobby was (he always seemed to escape my gaze) he really impressed me he should go well at Wigan
Who is ‘Bobby’? Do you mean Bibby?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:21 am
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:32 pm I’d assume Hankinson and Bobby in the centres maybe?

Lol bloody auto correct sick of it this new iPhone is ridiculous for it.

Yes I did mean Bibby (and yes I should have checked for the mistake) though when I buy the new shirt I may well get Bobby on my back😃
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:42 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:21 am

Lol bloody auto correct sick of it this new iPhone is ridiculous for it.

Yes I did mean Bibby (and yes I should have checked for the mistake) though when I buy the new shirt I may well get Bobby on my back😃
Mines the bloody same & mines not a new one! It’s the bloody updates I think.

I’m always going to Asia 😉
moto748

Post by moto748 »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:38 am Our injury jinx has started already ☹️
I'm worried about Hastings in PNG! Will he play?