O'Loughlin signs for final season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: O'Loughlin signs for final season

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:28 pm Meh, adjective - uninspiring; unexceptional :D
Ide say that about the full shirt and lockers resigning to be honest lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:06 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:28 pm Meh, adjective - uninspiring; unexceptional :D
Ide say that about the full shirt and lockers resigning to be honest lol
And the 2020 squad numbers too :lol:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Time will tell whether it’s one season too many. But I think we’ve been saying this for the last 3/4 years and it’s only really last year where that was a reality.

How much of his salary counts on the cap?

If we released him would we have signed a replacement and used the additional cap space? If not, we may as well keep him.

One thing we won’t ever understand is his value off the pitch. At training, as a leader etc. Something very important when you have a relatively new manager, lots of new players and a young squad. Having that continuity is important.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
SJ

Post by SJ »

Never in the same league as Andy Farrel,Ellety or Dean Bell(captain wise) or inspirationally but he is/was the best we could muster
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

SJ wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:52 am

Never in the same league as Andy Farrel,Ellety or Dean Bell(captain wise) or inspirationally but he is/was the best we could muster
WAS says it all really, We didn't struggle without last season, We actually worked out how to play without him, When he came back after injury he disrupted the squad imo
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

A mistake on both sides.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Shaun Wane Legend

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

Nothing but great news. A club legend. Ignore the doubters and enjoy your last season Sean!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:53 am Nothing but great news. A club legend. Ignore the doubters and enjoy your last season Sean!!

😊👏🏼👍🏼🏉🍒⚪️♥️🏅
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

I'd be delighted to have Lockers to captain us to one (or more) trophies this season - it will be a fitting earn to a great career. We sit on the outside and look in with our opinions. I prefer to take note of his fellow professionals and coaches from around the rugby league world who, to a man it seems, speak so highly of his influence, skills and attitude. No guarantees of course, but I expect an excellent season from him.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Not a good move by club or player. But it does give closure on his career. Wigan have made the signings they promised this season and if the money is still there for his swansong then I think it is fitting to go out as a wigan player because he has given so much to club. Just hope he goes out on a high and not a whimper.