2020 Squad numbers announced

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: 2020 Squad numbers announced

Post by ancientnloyal »

I’m also one who thinks it’s not correct saying “players don’t try”. Of course they do
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

No straw damn us wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:37 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:11 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Manfredis going out on loan isn't he
I think Marshall is very worthy of his Number 2 jersey but he isn't as effective (overall) as Davies, Manfredi and Burgess (when he can be ars*d to play)!

I heard directly from a Leigh Centurions player that they were rumoured to be taking Dom on loan but, this was before Tom Davies signed for Catalans and I haven't spoken to him since!

I think it's a bit harsh on Burgess. He had no pre-season after his ACL injury and was clearly low on confidence. There were a couple of good signs during the season but he was nowhere near back to his best. I do think its a confidence thing with him. If he could run in a few long range tries then I expect he could return to the Joe Burgess of old.
With a full pre-season behind him this time, here's hoping, because an in form Joe Burgess is one of superleagues best wingers.
For a winger who left Wigan in 2015 scoring tries for fun, gained NRL experience and scored spectacular tries against Cronulla Sharks in 2017, his form since then has left a hell of a lot to be desired! Dont misunderstand me, despite the fact I think 2019 was considerably poor for him, when either fully fit or full of confidence he is the best attacking winger we have!

If its an injury/fitness concern (which I agree it might be) he shouldn't have been playing week in week because for my money he was standout poor week after week! When Dom returned in 2018 he clearly wasn't suffering from confidence concerns and he was superb which makes me wonder about Burgess!

Also if you put Marshall, Burgess and (even French for his short spell) in comparison in terms of pace, enthusiasm and ability to take on the line, Burgess didn't cut it for me!

That said, I hope he finds his form and he certainly wasn't on his own last season for half hearted displays!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

With Budgie I think it's more down to him having a massive monk on, He let it be known that he would like to return to the NRL, No NRL clubs showed any interest, Since then he's been a reet moody tart IMO
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Burgess does look like he’s gone into macdonalds for a Big Mac only to find they’ve run out of cows.

Look a marshy always a grin on his gob and it’s great to see I know we all crap in our lives but these lads are living the dream they should take a leaf out Marshall’s book
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, agree with that.