Coach 2021?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
User avatar
Wigan_forever1985
Posts: 5348
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:50 pm

Coach 2021?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:01 pm

worried slightly with this line in lockers interview

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... 1-10117487
“Coaching was something I’d set up a while ago,” he added. “Obviously as the year progresses we’ll see where that is, if it’s academy or first team, but it’s a route I want to go down.”
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

fozzieskem
Posts: 3259
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Coach 2021?

Post by fozzieskem » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:48 pm

Is assume first team assistant coach surely if that’s the way the club goes with him?

josie andrews
Posts: 26051
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: Coach 2021?

Post by josie andrews » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:41 pm

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:01 pm
worried slightly with this line in lockers interview

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... 1-10117487
“Coaching was something I’d set up a while ago,” he added. “Obviously as the year progresses we’ll see where that is, if it’s academy or first team, but it’s a route I want to go down.”
Why?? He’s been doing his coaching for several years! It’s a natural progression if he wants to coach when he finally retires from playing.

I can’t see what the problem is!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

bertina
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:29 pm

Re: Coach 2021?

Post by bertina » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:26 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:48 pm
Is assume first team assistant coach surely if that’s the way the club goes with him?
I’m sure Lockers means involvement with either the first team coaching set up, or one of the other teams, not as head coach.

Wiganer Ted
Posts: 2470
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: Coach 2021?

Post by Wiganer Ted » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:28 pm

Can't see Lockers meaning Head Coach.
First team asst coach surely.

ancientnloyal
Posts: 14227
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: Howe Bridge
Contact:

Re: Coach 2021?

Post by ancientnloyal » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:41 pm

id have someone like Shaun Edwards as head coach in 2021.

We won’t though, Lam will get it right in 2020 and be kept on won’t he!?!!

medlocke
Posts: 8448
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Coach 2021?

Post by medlocke » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Wiganer Ted wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:28 pm
Can't see Lockers meaning Head Coach.
First team asst coach surely.
Surely there are others in front of him who are already in the coaching set up

or is he only getting it because he's Andy Farrells brother in law

Caboosegg
Posts: 1860
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Coach 2021?

Post by Caboosegg » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:16 pm

medlocke wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:50 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:28 pm
Can't see Lockers meaning Head Coach.
First team asst coach surely.
Surely there are others in front of him who are already in the coaching set up

or is he only getting it because he's Andy Farrells brother in law
Isnt he already coaching on the side?
The Turkeys voted for Christmas.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices

George Orwell

ancientnloyal
Posts: 14227
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: Howe Bridge
Contact:

Re: Coach 2021?

Post by ancientnloyal » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:55 pm

In my view, we should have the best man for the job regardless of who they are. Jobs for Old Boys isn’t professional. Best man, or woman, for the job. We are Wigan. Wigan means The Best.

User avatar
Wigan_forever1985
Posts: 5348
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:50 pm

Re: Coach 2021?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:05 am

josie andrews wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:41 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:01 pm
worried slightly with this line in lockers interview

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... 1-10117487
“Coaching was something I’d set up a while ago,” he added. “Obviously as the year progresses we’ll see where that is, if it’s academy or first team, but it’s a route I want to go down.”
Why?? He’s been doing his coaching for several years! It’s a natural progression if he wants to coach when he finally retires from playing.

I can’t see what the problem is!
Theres an inference that first team coach could be an option - now if like people say its in a assistant capacity then that would be fine obviously but he should not be anywhere near the first time top job under he has proved capable and earned his stripes
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

Post Reply