Coach 2021?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Coach 2021?

Post by ancientnloyal »

We have no obligation surely to promise him a coaching role. Surely he or anyone gets jobs like that on merit. He
May have to start at Hunslet via Pia and West Wales before any thought of a Wigan role.

Best man for the job it should be not old boys. If he has the skills then good, if he hasn’t we shouldn’t keep him.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

ancientnloyal wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:36 pm We have no obligation surely to promise him a coaching role. Surely he or anyone gets jobs like that on merit. He
May have to start at Hunslet via Pia and West Wales before any thought of a Wigan role.

Best man for the job it should be not old boys. If he has the skills then good, if he hasn’t we shouldn’t keep him.
Isnt it in his contract he gets a coaching role with Wigan? same with Tommy?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I was at a sportsmans dinner in 2017 and Shaun Wane was the guest speaker. Someone in the audience asked if Wane thought that Sean O'Loughlin would make a good coach.

His answer was " Technically no problem, he is one of the smartest players I have ever coached BUT coaching is only about 30% of the head coaches job. The other 70% is about dealing with all the other sh!t that goes with it.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

southportcdm wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:30 am I'm sure that Sean isn't being considered as a first team coach just yet but it would be reassuring to think that he's being considered and trained up for the role eventually.
Why is it reassuring? It's just the opposite for me because I don't see why his succession to the role would be preordained.

Mind you it's an easy option. The club doesn't have to go and find and persuade a top coach to come here then.