High hopes: Bullock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

High hopes: Bullock

Post by josie andrews »

Joe Bullock looks ahead to the new season and reveals his hopes for what Wigan Warriors can achieve in 2020.

The prop believes Adrian Lam’s side can be a ‘real force’ in Super League with the new additions to the team.

Bullock: “We need to push forward and improve.”

Joe Bullock believes Wigan Warriors can become a ‘real force’ in 2020 as they prepare for the new Betfred Super League season.

The first team squad have nearly all returned for pre-season ahead of the new campaign and the prop is excited by the players at Adrian Lam’s disposal.

“We have improved the team from last season, with a load of quality young lads coming through and some real quality signings. Hopefully we will gel and become a real force.”

Bullock hopes he can build on his first season with the Warriors, having joined the Club from Barrow Raiders in 2019 and going on to make 23 appearances for the Cherry and Whites.

“It was a really good year. I didn’t expect to play as many games as I did so I was grateful for the opportunity and I really enjoyed my time. I knew it would be a tough challenge coming up from the Championship, as I needed to adapt to the pace and the atmosphere of Super League.”

He added: “This year I’ve got nothing to fear and need to push forward. I want to improve again and hopefully as a team we can win some trophies.

“I just want to try and get into the team and then maintain a place - if I can achieve that then I’ll be happy. Last season I played in some real big games, so you just want to play as much as you can.”

The 25-year-old said he is pleased to be back in training for pre-season and is looking forward to achieving certain targets.

“It has been really tough, but I am happy to be back and I’m looking forward to the new year. It is nice to be back in this environment with all of the lads; we will push each other through the different set of challenges that come each day. It is hard but fun to achieve as a team.”

And with just over nine weeks to go until the opening Betfred Super League game with Warrington Wolves, Bullock says he is focusing at taking things one day at a time.

“We just need to keep knocking the weeks off and start to get some personal goals and become as fit and strong as we can. On the back of that we can start looking at friendlies and then that Warrington game.”

Catch Joe and the rest of the Wigan Warriors squad at the DW Stadium next season with a 2020 Season Ticket. Early Bird prices are now available. For more information, click HERE.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... JQAMD8v.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan