Farrell Testimonial details announced

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Farrell Testimonial details announced

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors confirm a pre-season home fixture against Leeds Rhinos that will take place at the DW Stadium on Sunday 19th January 2020 (3pm kick-off).

The game will celebrate as a Testimonial Fixture for Liam Farrell who is set to enter his tenth year at the Club.

Farrell: “In terms of having Leeds as the opposition I couldn’t think of a better opposition to be playing against.”

Wigan Warriors can confirm a pre-season home fixture against Betfred Super League rivals Leeds Rhinos will take place at the DW Stadium on Sunday 19th January 2020 with an 3pm kick-off. The game will celebrate as a Testimonial Fixture for vice-captain Liam Farrell who in 2020 will have been at the Club for ten years.

Speaking about the game, Liam said: “In terms of having Leeds as the opposition I couldn’t think of a better opposition to be playing against.

“I’m over the moon. I’ve had so many game in my career against Leeds - some of which have been the best I’ve played in. I’ve got some great memories against them and I’m very grateful they can come and play in my Testimonial match at the DW. To play it there is unbelievably special to me. It’s pretty surreal.

“The last Testimonial at the DW was Lockers’ over eight years ago. Hopefully a lot of our fans will be eager to get down and watch us play - it should be a great day for everyone.”

Head Coach, Adrian Lam, added: “Liam richly deserves his Testimonial and this game against Leeds Rhinos will hopefully start the year in style for him. Liam has been a magnificent servant to the Wigan Club and the fixture will be a useful test of where we are in our pre-season preparations.”

Full details about admission prices for the game will be announced in due course.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... kVOMufY.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Farrell Testimonial details announced

Post by josie andrews »

Thoroughly deserved to be playing his testimonial at home.

Another great player #OneClubMan
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

That's one L of a pre-season, well maybe three :D
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Any indication when his jersey is in store or online, looks really smart from the images I've seen :).

Shame he didn't select Widnes as his testimonial game, although Leeds should be an interesting game even in pre-season.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:44 pm Any indication when his jersey is in store or online, looks really smart from the images I've seen :).

Shame he didn't select Widnes as his testimonial game, although Leeds should be an interesting game even in pre-season.
Looks better than next years Home shirt
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

If the club contact me with a PM I will organise a fishing match in the summer for him