Where will Wigan finish in the table?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

Where will Wigan finish in the table?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:38 pm

1st
30%
2nd
36%
3rd
21%
4th
9%
5th
3%
6th
No votes
7th
No votes
8th
No votes
9th
No votes
10th+
No votes

Total votes: 33

saint

Re: Where will Wigan finish in the table?

Post by saint »

A close second i think.
I don't feel the recruitment has been good enough for you guys to reduce the gap from where we were last season .
If we perform to the same level i think we ( saints) will finish top . A lot depends on how you set up in the back line and if it works. I really fear Hastings , i rate him highly . If the link between Hastings, French , Hardaker works you could have a fierce attack.
However, your pack is arguably light and may well be a sticky issue in finishing teams off.

My predictions
Saints
Wigan
Cas
Wire
Hull

Saint V wigan CC ( Saints to win )
Saints V Cas GF ( saints to win

Anyway . All the best to you all. Hopefully its a good year with plenty of good rugby .
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

saint wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:58 am A close second i think.
I don't feel the recruitment has been good enough for you guys to reduce the gap from where we were last season .
If we perform to the same level i think we ( saints) will finish top . A lot depends on how you set up in the back line and if it works. I really fear Hastings , i rate him highly . If the link between Hastings, French , Hardaker works you could have a fierce attack.
However, your pack is arguably light and may well be a sticky issue in finishing teams off.

My predictions
Saints
Wigan
Cas
Wire
Hull

Saint V wigan CC ( Saints to win )
Saints V Cas GF ( saints to win

Anyway . All the best to you all. Hopefully its a good year with plenty of good rugby .
So players who will likely play at prob.

Burgess, Bullock, Flower, Clubb, Naverette, Partington, lockers.

I wouldn't call that back light. If (and it is if) AL can get those player to preform to the best of their ability (like Holbrook did for saints) that back is rather dangerous.

The only concern for me is that a few of these player lost their form with wane leaving.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:49 pm
southportcdm wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:27 pm Interesting rumours today about the possibility of Ben Flower moving on before the season starts. Our pack looks strong but I wouldn't want to be losing Ben (surely in our top 4 props) without another signing. Perhaps he sees the 'writing on the wall' with his contract running out this season and is looking to move on but it's not a good time to be losing an experienced prop.
Where are these rumours please?
https://www.totalrl.com/catalans-make-p ... cruitment/