WATCH: Burgess on pre-season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

WATCH: Burgess on pre-season

Post by josie andrews »

George Burgess discusses his first full pre-season with Wigan Warriors and his excitement as the 2020 season approaches.

“The boys have put in some great efforts and it’s been one of the best pre-seasons I’ve been involved in.” Burgess

Watch the full interview today on Wigan TV

Wigan prop-forward George Burgess is looking forward to spending more time with the Warriors squad this week as the first team embark on a pre-season training camp.

The squad will head to Snowdonia to be put through their paces in the Welsh mountains as the pre-season preparations head towards a conclusion.

On “We’ve got a great bunch here and it’s good to have the squad completed with having Jackson back as well. [On the camp] It’ll be good to spend some time together as a full squad and talk about what we want to do for 2020.”

Having been involved in a number of international breaks in the past, the 27 year-old said he has enjoyed the experience of a full pre-season.

“I enjoy it. It’s a great opportunity being able to have a full pre-season to set yourself up for a good year. The boys have put in some great efforts and it’s been one of the best pre-seasons I’ve been involved in.”

Hear more from George, including coping with the change of weather from Australia, his aspirations outside of Rugby League and more by watching the full interview on Wigan TV TODAY by clicking HERE.

posting.php?mode=post&f=3
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan