23-man squad vs Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: 23-man squad vs Leigh

Post by pedro »

shorrocks, greenwood and clark can all go for me, young lads today showed them they are better
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Saw nothing from greenwood tonight. Took another bang to the head early on too.

Manfredi/ Burgess didn’t really have much opportunity to do much tbh. Bullock seems fit
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

As it stands I think the team mentioned earlier will be there abouts come first game.
Bullock like I said would be in our 17 for me. He gives us size and good yards, His pass second half for Shorocks was a nice touch. He's a big athletic prop he got caught a few times last year with bad reads in D but we was relying heavily on him at that stage and feel he will improve with better players around him.
Clarke did big minutes good work rate looked solid with and without ball without being spectacular think he will do Ok.
Greenwood didn't do enough but he often starts slow takes him a few games to get up to speed his head knocks must be a worry . When he went down early your always concerned as to how many more he can take. So relieved when it was a poke in the eye. This also must play a part on his form until he gets his confidence up.
Dom well his first hit up tells you he won't be sitting on the fence to see how his injury goes . I love seeing Dom run the ball but hes such a good reader of the game in D it's worth more than what he scores to have that on the right edge.
The young lads all did good standouts
Joe Shorocks looked ok playing a bit of a Lockers role which is high praise busy player imagine he will get some minutes this season.
Smith looks a real talent some nice touches will get some time this year.
Harvard solid game another big athletic body.
Finally I was glad to see Jack Wells back his D is top quality hope to see him get some game time and like Dom away from injury.
Last edited by lucky 13 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Greenwood seems to be on his arse every game....... i rate him vey highly but it is worrying........theres something not quite right with him....... im sure as the season unfolds we will find out whats what
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just seen the burgess tackle v leigh....... so blatant and is lucky not to get a ban....... how bad can his timing be?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:47 am Just seen the burgess tackle v leigh....... so blatant and is lucky not to get a ban....... how bad can his timing be?
Probably could still get a ban, don't the Disciplinary only review on Mondays ?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Nezza Faz wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:47 am
Firestarter wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:47 am Just seen the burgess tackle v leigh....... so blatant and is lucky not to get a ban....... how bad can his timing be?
yes i forgot
bertina

Post by bertina »

Bullock played well. should definitely be in the 17 for me next week.
Clarke.? jury still out.
Manfredi in my opinion will be back in first team within a month.
Havard is coming on nicely, terrific prospect.
Harry Smith should get some games this year. looks to have everything you want in a half back.

An enjoyable game, albeit a bit on the pricey side for a friendly.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:13 pm
Nezza Faz wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:47 am
yes i forgot
While there is an amusement value to it it’s not really showing him in a good light that’s for sure,doubt he will get a ban more a caution,doubt they’ll let it go though
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It was funny, you have to say! Stupid, though, you'd surely get a yellow at least for a stunt like that in SL.

Agree with the comments above: Joe Shorrocks continues to impress, his namesake not so much. Harry Smith showed some great touches and his kicking game was a highlight. Joe Bullock looked hungry, and as for Greenwood, it just doesn't fill you with confidence, does it? Nice cameos from Holcroft and Rushden.