Edwards new reason cited........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Edwards new reason cited........

Post by Caboosegg »

Well so do i believe the articles where he states he hadnt heard anything from wigan

Or this one saying he was in contact chasing his contract.

He realised how bad overall it looks on him in sport in general and is trying to save face.

Williams wanted to go, we didnt sell him we managed to get a fee for a player who would have gone anyway.
Last edited by Caboosegg on Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Wintergreen wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:18 pm BBC interview he says he didn't come to Wigan because of "lack of control over what I thought was a head coaches role".

Nonsense or truth?

Interesting.
True or not it doesn't really matter. He was only going to be coach the following season. why should they have to run everything by him when Lam was in charge for the next year.?
Also, its taken him long enough to finally come out with the errrrr "truth".
Smacks of trying to save face, and in my opinion he hasn't done himself any favours dredging this up again with yet another lame excuse.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

What a Plonker & now for the truth . He is totally pissed off because he has seen the players we have signed for next year and he is stuck in the back of nowhere in Scotland as just a defence coach, he is sniping at the club when he should just fade into obscurity he has proved that we had a near disaster nearly signing him.

This is a coward who didn't trust his ability to coach Wigan and now is full of sour grapes , just Fook off and don't come back arsehole
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Maybe I'm naive but I do believe Edwards. The ball is in IL and KR court to say otherwise, if they can.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

What annoys me is that Jason Demetrioux might have come over as head coach. Incredible record in OZ in coaching and works with Bennett. Record and development as good as any credible NRl assistant.

Yet Edwards strings the club along and wimps out. He is justifying what he has done by dragging this up.

Happy with Lam recruitment better than in a long while. Second half of the season we improved i wonder why that was. Maybe players knew where they stood and had a coach who knew its now his job.

Edwards can try to justify it but he agreed to it. I just hope if he fails in France and he will. French will bury him if they lose and fire him. IL leaves him and foes not appoint him when Rl coaches like Demitrioux is around.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:00 pm What a Plonker & now for the truth . He is totally pissed off because he has seen the players we have signed for next year and he is stuck in the back of nowhere in Scotland as just a defence coach, he is sniping at the club when he should just fade into obscurity he has proved that we had a near disaster nearly signing him.

This is a coward who didn't trust his ability to coach Wigan and now is full of sour grapes , just Fook off and don't come back arsehole
He’s in France 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Excuses, excuses. He said he always wanted to comeback to Wigan one day as it was a special place in his heart, not as special as money though I guess.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:25 pm
ddtftf wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:00 pm What a Plonker & now for the truth . He is totally pissed off because he has seen the players we have signed for next year and he is stuck in the back of nowhere in Scotland as just a defence coach, he is sniping at the club when he should just fade into obscurity he has proved that we had a near disaster nearly signing him.

He’s in France 😂😂
Think Shaun Wane is still coaching the national youth team in Scotland though?
Maybe that’s where the mistake comes from.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Having had time to think about it I stick with my original assessment.

1. The club are at fault for not signing a contract BEFORE any announcement was made. Above all they bear the responsibility for the situation.
2. This smacks of Edwards realising just how many people in Wigan have lost all respect for him over this. That must hurt.
3. Edwards originally said he didn't sign up because of his lack of experience in RL, now it's because he didn't have control. Make your mind up mate.
4. Ultimately it would have been a gamble to appoint him. A gamble that may well have paid off, but a gamble nevertheless.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Richymac wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:57 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:25 pm
ddtftf wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:00 pm What a Plonker & now for the truth . He is totally pissed off because he has seen the players we have signed for next year and he is stuck in the back of nowhere in France as just a defence coach, he is sniping at the club when he should just fade into obscurity he has proved that we had a near disaster nearly signing him.

He’s in France 😂😂
Think Shaun Wane is still coaching the national youth team in Scotland though?
Maybe that’s where the mistake comes from.