Edwards new reason cited........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Edwards new reason cited........

Post by Wintergreen »

BBC interview he says he didn't come to Wigan because of "lack of control over what I thought was a head coaches role".

Nonsense or truth?

Interesting.
morley pie eater

Re: Edwards new reason cited........

Post by morley pie eater »

Latest excuse. He says the first thing that comes into his head.
Great player, as a person questionable to say the least. Sorry to say this, but I wouldn't employ him to clean our windows.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I said from the off it would have been a disaster and nothing changes my mind that Wigan dodged a tank shell, let alone a bullet when he turned the offer of a deal down,hes good at union clearly, let him stay there and see the rest of his career out.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wintergreen wrote:BBC interview he says he didn't come to Wigan because of "lack of control over what I thought was a head coaches role".

Nonsense or truth?

Interesting.
Got a link to the interview by any chance?

My own view is it’s quite possibly true. The club is run by IL and yes man Rads. That’s it.

Coaches on rolling contracts like Wane was and Lam is, are in no position to rock the boat too much.

jobo

Post by jobo »

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:45 am
Wintergreen wrote:BBC interview he says he didn't come to Wigan because of "lack of control over what I thought was a head coaches role".

Nonsense or truth?

Interesting.
Got a link to the interview by any chance?

My own view is it’s quite possibly true. The club is run by IL and yes man Rads. That’s it.

Coaches on rolling contracts like Wane was and Lam is, are in no position to rock the boat too much.
Always on form DaveO 😂. Of SE form over the last year don't you think that IL deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one. Do you really believe Wane didn't have a say? And isnt a rolling contract actually a smart idea? No payoff required if its not working just dont renew.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Wintergreen wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:18 pm BBC interview he says he didn't come to Wigan because of "lack of control over what I thought was a head coaches role".

Nonsense or truth?

Interesting.
I'd like to think that there's some truth in that and in October this year, a new coach, hopefully will be in place.
If it's Lam on a rolling contract, then nothing's changed but if it's someone as yet unnamed, I just hope he takes heed of Shaun Edwards experience with contract negotiations.
The right man doesn't have to be a 'yes' man.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Smells like money to me left, right and centre! Not a chance Wigan are offering anywhere near the money France are! In addition, why change a winning formula......Edwards knows exactly what he is walking into (job wise) with France.

At least its done and dusted whether your relieved or disappointed!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think its true but its not the reason he didnt sign

I think the way it works at Wigan is IL pays the bills and Rads sorts his mates out with backroom staff jobs

Edwards probably wanted to bring in a bitcon replacement and probably was against the idea of simply gifting Lockers and Tommy Coaching positions etc.

I think if you take the job at wigan you need to accept that you run the team but you are provided the staff and players

That said i think £££ will have been the end reason on why he didnt come
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure